Chapter Twenty-Nine

"This damn job was forced on us by the Military Police." Said Demo Reeves, "Now that we've failed them, they'll plunder the Reeves Company with everything that it's worth... first they'll kill me, then my employees, and my dumb son too."

"You're just going to lay down and take it?" Levi spoke. "There's a reason why Trost recovered from that Titan attack, mostly it's because of the large jobs and money brought in by the Reeves Company. Tell me, if your company were to disappear, how will the people survive the coming winter?"

"So what? You want me to join you?"

"If you're in contact with the MPs, I think I have a plan."

"Can you guarantee that the people of Trost won't starve to death?"

"I can't guarantee it, but you have a better chance in winning if you join us."

~*~

Demo Reeves rode his wagon through the night, beside him was his son, and at the back – his passengers – were none other than Djel Sannes and Ralph, two notable members of the Interior Military Police.

"How'd you find them, anyway?" Sannes asked.

"They found me, I promise I'd cooperate." Reeves said. "For some reason, they believed me."

The wagon stopped. Sannes got up to see the Scout's location.

"Are we there –"

To his surprise, he was met by a rifle at his face, being held by said Scouts. He was about to yell at Reeves, but was knocked out when Jean hit him at the head with a rifle's butt.

"REEVES, YOU SON OF A BI –" Ralph was knocked out by Mikasa.

~*~

In the far end of Wall Sina, a wagon stopped before an abandoned church stood in the earie woods. The rider, called for Captain Reed, telling him that they have arrived. Captain Reed came out of the wagon, his clothes bloodstained.

"She's injured, make sure that you don't move her leg too much." Captain Reed said.

From the wagon, two more of his men came out carrying a hammock that had Iris. She was unconscious, but she was still tied up and gagged to prevent her from escaping, but even if she does, her leg injury would slow her down. They brought the unconscious girl into the church, upon entering, they were greeted by Lord Reed, who stood waiting by the altar.

"I see that the mission was a success." Lord Reed said, as he saw Iris Reed on a hammock, restrained.

"Not quite." Captain Reed said. "Kenny and his fucking Anti-Personnel Control Squad got Jaeger and Reiss' bastard... once we've settled the kid, we'll be heading out to get her –"

"There's no need." Lord Reed. "Let the Scouts take care of it... sooner or later, Rod's bastard will be caught in the cross-fire. I wouldn't be surprised if she's dead by tomorrow."

"My sister?"

"In the room, she demands to see her daughter." Lord Reed then saw the blood on the girl's clothes, and the messy bandage around her leg and arm, he cringed at the sight. "She wouldn't be pleased when she sees the girl's state."

"The kid put up a fight, we were forced to use difficult ways to get her." Captain Reed shrugged. "Besides, she has her very own protector – he was fun too."

"And her father?"

"He's too busy with Kenny... he may have killed one of our own, but he was the perfect distraction – I'm not sure if I could face Humanity's Strongest Soldier."