Epilogue

Ten Years Later

Ten Years Later

A horse stopped atop of a small hill, overlooking the shoreline.
Just a at the foot of the hill, a small cottage stood, with a porch, and a small stable not far. Coming from the house, a blonde man came out with a basket in hand, he was soon followed by two children – a boy and a girl, both ran ahead of the man, and then back, circling him. The man laughed at the boy and girl's antics.

"Come on, we have to go get some flowers for Mama." The man said, holding out his hand for the little girl.

The girl took the man's hand and then walked beside him. The boy, however, stayed at where he stood, his eyes fixed at the horse and its rider that was at the top of the hill. After a moment of looking closely at the rider, the boy grinned and started to wave at the rider.

Levi chuckled at the sight of the boy waving his way. He commanded his horse to descend the hill, to finally meet the boy. When he got to the tree that was by the cottage, Levi got off his horse and then tied his horse at the lowered branch of the tree. The boy ran up to Levi, grinning.

"Captain!" The boy greeted.

Levi turned to the boy, smiling. The boy was about seven years of age, bright blue eyes that he got from his father, and a head full of black hair that he fashioned to an undercut because he wanted to be just like his grandfather. He could remember the day the boy was born, how could he forget, it was one of the happiest days of his life.

"Eren." Levi greeted the boy.

Levi walked towards Eren, he reached down to the boy's height and messed with his hair.

"What'd I tell you about calling me that when we're not in Scout business?" Levi said, raising a brow at the boy.

"Sorry, Levi..." Eren sheepishly said.

"Where's your sister?" Levi asked.

"She and Papa are at the garden, picking flowers." Eren said.

Levi followed the boy, to the garden. He looked around the area; the endless sight of the sea and skies, the small swing made by the children's parents for them to play at, and the cottage that stood by the hill. A small cottage that held so many memories for him and this family, he remembered clearly when he and the others helped with the construction of the cottage. It was a hasty job because of the deadline that they needed to catch. They needed to get it ready before Iris gave birth to her first child, Eren.

When they got to the garden, the first thing that Levi saw the man picking flowers, and with him was a woman with short black hair, who was making a flower crown, and when she was finished, she placed the crown over the girl's head.

"PAPA! LOOK, LEVI'S HERE!" Eren called, running to his father.

The blonde man got up and turned to his son, his eyes widened when he saw Levi standing before him.