Chapter Fourteen

"I want all of you cadets on standby! Look sharp!"

Iris and Leon sat on one of the tables with Jean, Annie, Reiner and Berthold, both exhausted and still shaken from what they saw. Their minds still can't comprehend what just happened. It didn't make any sense, why did Eren come out of that Titan?

"If we hadn't gotten our hands-on gas, we wouldn't have gotten out of Trost... basically we got lucky, that's it." Connie said.

"That sounds terrible..." Krista said. "We're sorry, we volunteered to get supplies for everyone, but the situation was so bad..."

"We did find some gas to get to you guys, but everything went to hell." Ymir said.

"So, you're saying... everyone who isn't here are, you know..."

"Yeah..."

"Wait, what about Mikasa?!" Ymir asked.

"No no, she made it after us." Connie said.

"Hey, Jean, where the hell is Mikasa, she got hurt or what?!" Ymir asked.

Jean was looking blankly at the ground, still confused to what was happening.

"Hey, talk to us!"

"I'd tell you if I could, but they slapped us with a gag order." Jean muttered.

"Whoah! That serious?!" Connie said.

"That's nuts!" Ymir said.

"They're nuts if they think people aren't gonna talk." Jean scoffed. "When the word gets out... and when it does... that is, if we survive."

An explosion was heard.

"SMOKE! IT'S INSIDE THE WALL!"

Jumping to their feet, Iris and Leon ran to see what it was. To their great fear, it came from where they left Eren, Mikasa and Leon. Joining them were Reiner and Jean, who also had the same look.

"Not now, is that Titan steam?" Jean said.

"Looks like it." Iris said.

Reiner got out his ODM and launched himself to see what it was. Following after him were Annie and Berthold. Wanting to know what it was, Leon, Iris and Jean followed after them and were running on the roofs. They were able to get to the nearest roof to the scene, and saw what they least expected.

"What the hell is that?" Reiner said.

Once the smoke and dust have cleared, they saw it clearly. It was half a body of a Titan, but it was just all bones and muscle, it held out it hand up as if it were catching something. The Titan moved, twitching its head.

"Is that, Eren?" Leon said.

"Looks like it..." Iris said.

As the leader of the Garrison unit started giving orders, coming out of the dust was Armin, standing with his hands up, but this didn't make the Garrisons put their blades down nor did it stop them from loading the cannons.

"IS THIS YOUR TRUE FORM, MONSTER?!" The leader of the Garrison unit said.

"This is insane, they're going to kill him!" Iris said about to go after Armin.

"No, wait!" Leon grabbed her arm.

"EREN IS NOT A FOE OF HUMANITY! WE'RE WILLING TO COOPERATE WITH MILITARY COMMAND AND SHARE OUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HIS POWERS!" Armin yelled.

"HE REVEALED HIS TRUE FORM, FOR THAT HE CANNOT LEAVE HERE ALIVE! IF YOU SAY THAT HE'S NOT AN ENEMY, SHOW ME PROOF, OR ELSE WE'LL BLAST HIM OFF WHEREVER HE CAME FROM!"