Chapter Twelve

"Alright, one person at a time, fall in line!"

Sofia had her hood over her head, in her hands were her necessities for survival, and beside her was the Inn Keeper. When the bells rang about Trost being breached, she immediately packed the things she needed and fled with the Inn Keeper, an elderly woman who can barely run. They have been waiting with the other residences of Trost to get through the inner gate.

She couldn't help but look back to where the battle was happening. She heard that the cadets were put to fight as well, meaning Leon and Iris were there fighting.

Please, make it out alive...

~*~

Standing on one of the rooftops of the houses, a group led by Leon, with members consisting Iris, Samuel, Peter and Kurtis kept their eye out for any Titan that were to appear. On the very top of the roof, Iris was tasked by Leon to stay there to have a long-range visual of the terrane.

"Iris, report." Leon called from the roof he was standing on.

"They're everywhere..." Iris said. "Why are we just standing here, we should Be out there, fighting!"

"We have to wait for orders." Leon sighed.

"That's stupid... what, they're going to wait for the Vanguard to be wiped before we could fight?!"

"Better that than lose all of your men in battle!" Leon said. "Sometimes it's best to stand and wait, understand?"

Iris nodded and stood her ground. Few moments later, a Garrison officer came, she looked as if she went through hell and was bleeding at the head.

"YOU! THE VANGUARD NEEDS SUPPORT! TITANS ARE CLOSING IN; WE NEED TO KEEP THEM AT BAY WHILE THE PEOPLE ARE EVACUATING!"

"YES, MA'AM!" Leon said. "You heard her, let's go!"

Launching their ODM, Leon's squad went to aid the Vanguard, and just as they passed a few blocks, they were greeted by a grinning Titan.

"SHIT!" Leon said as he redirected himself to dodge the Titan's hand that was heading his way. But his launch was a bit late, having his grappling to attach to a lower surface, and had him crashing to the roof.

"LEON!" Iris released her grappling and launched it again to Leon's direction.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Kurtis called out for her.

"GET LEON OUT OF HERE!" Iris yelled at them.

"DON'T WORRY, I GOT HIM!" Samuel said.

"IRIS, DON'T!" Peter called out.

Iris ignored his call, she landed on a roof and started running, she pulled out her blades and held it backwards (something she learned from her father, which she wouldn't admit), then launched her ODM, attaching its grappling at a chimney, and jumped down the roof and then reeled her up towards where her grappling was pinned to, and with the use of the Titan's hand as her force to pull her back towards it. She released her grappling and with a fast spinning motion, she was able to cut the Titan's nape, killing it. Just as she were to land, Iris launched her ODM once more and reeled herself up to the roof to join the others. She found Connie and Jean surrounding Leon, who was recovering from his hard fall.

"Is he alright?" Iris asked.

"Yeah, just dizzy." Samuel said.

"THERE'S ANOTHER ONE COMING!" Peter called out.

Turning, Iris saw another Titan heading their way.

"Look after him, I'll take care of this one." Iris said.