Chapter Thirty-Two

"The blood that runs through your veins is the blood of a King."

The words echoed in her mind over and over, she tried to think that it was just a joke. But why would they lie? She thought. They told her the truth about humanity, they told her the truth of the Reed family.

"You asked how your mother lived. And that is because of this." Lord Reed showed the serum.

Something's not right, Iris thought.

"You have everything planned out, then why go after me?" Iris asked, "What's my purpose here?!"

"You're the descendant of the first Reiss-Reed and Ackerman blood."

"The hell's that supposed to mean?" Iris said.

"Your father, Levi, is an Ackerman, a clan that lived in this world prior to the raising of the Walls. They were the result of an accidental an experiment of the Subjects of Ymir and Titan science. They were designed to protect the King and act as the monarchy's right hand, entrusted with the people's survival... they are immune to the Coordinate's scream... they have a power that is awakened if they are in the face of death... they are made to serve... but you..." Lord Reed went to Iris and grabbed the girl by her face and forced her to look at him in the eye. "You are an exception, an Ackerman mixed with the King's blood, there was bound to be some difference –"

Get the fuck off of me. Iris spat at her grandfather's face. The man was taken aback, and everyone in the room were in total shock. Lord Reed released his grip on her and --
A slapping sound was heard. Iris spat out blood and glared at her grandfather. She left blood trickle down her cheek; she knew that the man's ring made a deep scar on her face.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Maria tried to push her father away, but she was then grabbed by Julius and forced down to her knees.

"I don't give a fuck if you're the new Queen." Julius said. "You will obey."

Lord Reed reached in his jacket and took out a handkerchief to wipe off the spit on his face.

"You, insolent brat –" Lord Reed began.

"You have no right to call me that." Iris glared at him.

"Hold her down." Lord Reed commanded.

Multiple men came and held Iris by her arms. When she struggled and punched one of the men, Julius came and kicked her injured leg. Iris yelled in pain. She fell on the ground and held her leg.

"IRIS!" Maria struggled from the men holding her.

"You are the first to have such powerful blood – the blood of a warrior and a blood of a King. If you were to take this." Lord Reed took out the syringe. "And become a Titan, then you will be the rightful Queen."

"NO! IF YOU DO THIS, SHE'LL BECOME A NORMAL TITAN!" Maria cried.

"Take her away." Lord Reed said.

"She won't, because she already is one."

Lord Reed grabbed Iris arm. Iris tried her hardest to push him away, she scratched him, punched him, but Julius held her down. Maria watched as Lord Reed – her father – broke her daughter's leg, she wasn't letting him get his way. Knowing the danger, Maria knew that it was the only way to stop this from happening. Freeing her arm from one of the men, Maria brought her hand to her mouth and bit down –

A loud explosion occurred, and it blasted the church to pieces. The people inside that were caught by the said explosion burned and died, while some were crushed by the debris. A Titan stood tall above the rubble, but it was no ordinary Titan. Its body was of a Female Titan, and its eyes were purple. The Titan let out a loud cry, echoing around.