Can it be me? (George)

I sat in the Audience of George's wedding next to George's Parents. Nicest people in the world. The music started, and George, the bridesmaids and the band walked down the isle. I love George, and it hurt quite a bit to see him up there with another woman. To be honest I was holding back some tears. George smiled and winked at me. Before the ceremony he had hugged me and told me he was so happy I was there.

We stood up before the bride walked down the isle and Louise, George's Mother, leaned over and whispered softly "Everyone knows it should be you up there" I nearly lost it. I just looked at her and gravely smiled. I turned to see the ceremony and George winked at me and smiled before the bride reached him.

The vows started and I just sat back. Ringo gave me a worried expression. I was close to tears but I held them. Ringo quickly signed "hug?" To me and I nodded. He continued his arms up to look like he was stretching. I smiled.

"Now George" the minister looked at him "Repeat after me." George nodded, looking serious. "I George"

"I George"

"Do take thee Lavender"

"Take thee (Y/n).." George said dreamily. He quickly realized what he did and shook his head. "Lavender. Take thee Lavender" Lavender's face was beet red. She looked truly upset, anger with a mix of sadness. The room let out a murmur.

"Shall I start over?" The minister asked, a little annoyed but surprised. "I George"

"I George"

"Do take thee Lavender" he put a lot of stress on Lavender's name.

"Do take thee Lavender" George was slow and careful when saying these words. "I really do." He looked at Lavender.

"As my lawfully wedded wife"

"Until Death Parts us"

"Until Death Parts us. I really do Lavender"

"Are there any objections? If so speak now or forever hold your peace" the minister looked at the crowed. I took a moment. I realized that George still loved me on some level.

I stood up "I object" the room let out another murmur. "George.." I couldn't go on. "I'm sorry" I ran out of the hall tripping on my own feet on the way out of the room. His face haunted me. He looked surprised, annoyed, and upset. He had a sad look on his face. I had hurt him.

"(Y/N)!" Ringo Yelled after me. I kept running until I got to a fountain. It was twilight and I sat down on the side of the fountain and put my head on my knees and let out the waterfall of tears. "(Y/n)." Ringo's voice said from a few meters away. I stood up and fell into his arms and cried into his chest.

"Why did I open my mouth?" I blubbered into him.

"Because you love him too my dear" Ringo said quietly.

"(Y/n)?" George's voice came from behind Ringo. I looked up from Ringo's, now tear stained, shirt. "Why?" He looked a little hurt. "Why would you wait until now to object?" He was crying.

"Because I can't lose you George." I whispered.

"You had no right!" He yelled at me. "No right to dump this on me on my wedding day!"

Ringo moved in front of me with his arm outstretched, blocking me from George. "You think I wanted to? You think this is because of some impulse to ruin your life?!" I screamed, my voice was broken and scratched from crying. My tears spilled. "You're wrong George Harrison! My life would be ruined if you were married! I wouldn't have anything to live for." I mumbled the last sentence.

"What?" George got quiet and straightened out.

I turned away. "Never mind." I said, loud enough for him to hear. "Doesn't matter." I felt hands on my shoulders and I was spun around. George was standing in front of me. He smashed his lips onto mine.

"It matters" he mumbled in my ear. "You matter."

Lavender had already stormed out and left, locking George out of the house. I invited George to stay at my house until he could get back on his feet. We got some donations to help him buy new clothes, Lavender had thrown out all of his stuff.

~

Today I got married to George, and he said the right name and nobody objected.