Poorly (George)

I coughed. My throat was closing in on itself. It felt like I had swallowed sandpaper. My head throbbed. My nose couldn't decide whether to run or the be stuffed up. My face was the equivalent to the heat of the sun. I turned my pillow to the cold side and layer my arm over my head. The misery I felt.

"I'm sorry love, we ran out of your favorite tea, so I made some soup and I'm going to run out to get more tea." George smiled softly. He handed me the bowl and laid his hand on my head. His hands were cold, they felt good against my burning face.

"Thank you." My voice was gone, scratchy. "Will you get me some aspirin?" I asked him.

"Of course love."

"And cough drops?" I added.

"As you wish doll." He winked.

"And some tissues." I choked out.

"We have those." He whispered. He walked into our bathroom and came out with a box of tissues. "But I'll get more." He quietly walked out of the room.

I ate my soup. I set my bowl on my bedside table. My nose was running again. I teared up at how awful I was feeling. (Don't pretend you've never done this before) It only made my head hurt more. I sat up, getting out of bed, shivering. I almost fell, my head spun like someone was twisting my house. 'Tell the world to stop spinning' I thought to myself. I shuffled my way to the bathroom, grabbing hold of whatever could possibly hold my balance as I slowly made my way to the bathroom to wash my face.

I grabbed my washcloth, dampening it with cold water to wash my face. I looked in the mirror. My face was the wrong colors, I was flushed from crying. My hair was a mess, I ran a brush through the thick mop of hair. I rinsed the washcloth under cold water again and carried it on my long journey back to bed. I placed it on my burning face and closed my eyes. Falling into a deep sleep.

I woke to the sound of the front door closing downstairs. I heard George's heavy footsteps go to the kitchen, the sink ran. Then I heard him coming up the stairs. "I'm back (Y/N)" He whispered. He held a glass of water and a couple aspirin in his hand. I smiled lightly and took the aspirin. He handed me a bag of cough drops. I smiled. "Need anything else Love?" He asked.

"Some tea?" I suggested.

"The kettle is already on." George smiled. "I think you also need some sleep. Gotta get better so you don't need aspirin, tissues, and cough drops." George chuckled softly. I smiled, this was the boyfriend I had signed up for.

Suggested by OpalMoonStone3322

You know this whole uploading thing isn't that bad, maybe I should try it more often. *says this then crawls into a place where she says she's looking for inspiration but she's really just wasting time procrastinating*

I honestly hoped this chapter wasn't too rushed. Thank you for the suggestions to everyone leaving me suggestions. Remember if you have something in mind, don't be afraid to message me, don't be upset if I don't answer you right away, I only check my inbox every 2-3 days. I'll try to answer ASAP.

Stay Lovely 😊