The Trip pt. 1 (John)

Before this starts I'm just going to say, I'm making this up. So this India trip isn't going to be the glamorous one the Beatles took way back when. The significant others aren't going with them for the sake of this story. Maybe I'll make one later that pays a little more attention to detail. Anyway enjoy the story...

"INDIA" Paul yelled from outside. I snickered. My boyfriend was going to India with the band. What did I get to do? Sit at home and worry my ass of about him. I looked at John as he grabbed a few of his many bags for his relaxing vacation. He made eye contact with me but there was no emotion in the smile he gave me. I saw excitement but not a lot of love there. I shrugged it off. He walked downstairs and out to the cab he was sharing with McCartney. George and Ringo were going to meet them at the airport. I grabbed a few bags just as Paul came into the room.

"Hey Paul, can I ask you a question?" I dropped everything and gave him a serious look.

"Yeah sure (Y/N). What's up?" He asked.

"Is John mad at me?" I asked him holding back tears.

I don't think so." He said sympathetically. That broke me. The sympathy egged on my assumptions. "What's wrong love?" He asked me seriously.

"I'm afraid my relationship is in jeopardy." I wailed.

"Why do you think that love?" Paul asked me quietly.

"I don't see the love in his eyes that I used to see all the time." A tear slid down my nose. I looked at Paul, I could see he was hiding something. "You know. You know he doesn't love me anymore." I accused.

"I don't.." he whispered. "Now stop crying because this can't be what's burned into my brain as how I see you last." He chuckled. I giggled and wiped my tears with my hand. I ran to the bathroom to wash up before grabbing some bags and heading down. John was tying bags to the roof of the cab and shoving smaller bags into the trunk. I placed the bags into the trunk and Paul followed me with the last couple bags. I locked the front door and got into the car with the guys.

We rode to the airport, the two talking about their spiritual journey they were about to take. As we pulled into the airport a private airplane was waiting for them. George and Ringo were already there. I waved hello to them as they climbed out of the plane.

"Goodbye (Y/N)" George said giving me a tight hug.

"Farewell (Y/N)" Ringo said smiling and pulling me into a soft hug.

"Goodbye (Y/N) (L/N). I'll write to you everyday." He snickered. "If you don't hear from me it's because John killed me." I laughed, as did John. As he pulled me into a bear hug, squeezing the life out of me.

"Goodbye my love. I will try to write" John said. It sounded like he was saying goodbye to a friend, instead of his girlfriend. He hugged me gently. As he pulled away I grabbed his collar and pulled his head back down into a kiss. He cradled my face before pulling away. He smiled and all of them waved as they got on the plane. A tear rolled down my cheek, for I wouldn't be seeing them for a few months.

I rode back home in the cab. I went inside and climbed up the stairs into my bedroom. Quietly climbing into bed. I stayed there, sobbing into my pillow. In my giant empty bedroom.

~2 days pass~

I opened my postbox to see a letter sitting there for me. I open it. Paul's scrawled handwringing filled the page.

Dear (Y/N),

I miss Liverpool.
Ringo is not very thrilled to be here.
George is spirituality enlightened.
John is kinda annoyed with our teacher, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. They don't agree on very much.
I miss hanging out, and truth be told I don't know how long we're going to last here.
Keep me posted.

Sending all my love,
Paul

The phone rang as I finished the letter. "Hello?"

"Hello (Y/N)?" It was George Martin. He sounded upset.

"Hi George what's going on?"

"Brian Epstein is Dead!" George broke the news. Brian had overdosed and died. I cried a little as he and I were pretty good friends.

I wrote to Paul.

Dear Paul,

I would say everything is all right but that's not true.
Brian Epstein has unfortunately passed away. He died of a drug overdose.
We are all mourning over him.
His funeral is going to be held in a few weeks.
I really wish you guys could be here for that.
I miss you all.

With Love,
(Y/N)

~Time Passing~

Dear (Y/N),

John lost it today.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi told us to get over Brian's death and to be happy.
John called him a f*****g idiot.
I agree we can't really get over Brian like that.
Ringo is threatening to leave any day now. I'm not the Most surprise.
If Ringo comes into town, have tea with him and maybe take him to Brian's celebration of life.

With Love,
Paul

~Time Skip~

I sobbed into Ringo's Shoulder. Brian was a good man. Ringo had his arm around me in a comforting way. We walked back to my place for some tea.

As the kettle was boiling I heard my front door slam. "I couldn't stay with that freak!" Paul said bursting into the kitchen. Ringo and I looked at him in surprise. "Hey (Y/N) can I talk to you?" He asked me. I looked at Ringo.

"Yeah Sure." I followed him upstairs to my room.

"(Y/N) I can't hold it back anymore." Paul sighed.

"What?" I looked at him.

He grabbed my hands. "I'm in love with you."

I gasped.

Mega sorry about the crappy ending. It was very much rushed, and I agree with John about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi being a effing idiot! I was insane and he scammed The Beatles. I've just read so much. So sorry for that little spasm.