Rain (Paul)

I stepped into my best friends house. It was a nice comforting warm compared to the bitter wind and cloudy skies.

"From the looks of things I'd say it's gonna rain" Paul noted, looking out the window. "Oh." He let out an exclamation. He quickly ran to his office. After a few minutes of just standing there awkwardly, I assumed he either wanted me to follow or he had gotten distracted. I walked into his office.

Paul sat at his desk. Scribbling word after word. "Do you want me to go?" I asked quietly.

Paul jumped a little as my words just came out of the scribbling noises and silence. "Oh, no don't leave." He looked a little startled. "Be a doll and help me out here." He got up suddenly. Towering over my shorter self. He mumbled something to himself as he led me to the piano.

He sat quietly and adjusted his hands. He started to figure out the notes. I gave little noises to signal if I liked the keys or not. Finally we had a little tune playing. The lyrics were about the sun. And about how the singer wanted to follow it and he was sad to leave his love alone, losing a friend in the proses of running after a bright life he was trying to live.

One day you'll look to see I've gone
But tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun
Someday you'll know I was the one
But, tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go
And though I lose a friend in the end you will know
One day you'll look to see I've gone
But tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun

The song was great. All inspired by me coming over and Paul looking out the window.

I looked out the window to see the light fading slowly. Looking at the clock I jumped up. "I'm sorry Paul but it's getting late and I better get going."

We said a goodbye at the door. I started walking home, just as the rain decided to fall. It wasn't much. A few sprinkles. It was getting heavier but I wasn't soaked.

I was about halfway home when the downpour hits A light flashed across the sky. I froze counting until the thunder rolled.

5 seconds; one mile

The rain soaked trough my clothes. I didn't know what to do. The lightning could be dangerous.

"(Y/N)!!!" A voice came through the rain. "(Y/N)???!!!" I looked around. Following the voice. I ran into a very hard surface as I had just walked straight into Paul. He was soaked. No umbrella. Just a t-shirt and pants. No jacket. "Thank god. I knew you weren't home so I came running" he breathed.

"Thanks" he dragged me to his house to outlast the rain. We were closer to his place than mine and there was no point going through lightning to get to an empty house.

I layer my head on Paul's shoulder. His arm around my shoulders. I had my eyes closed and Paul must have thought I was asleep. "(Y/N) you know you were a big help today. I really love it when you come over" he whispered. "Not just because you are my crush but you're so much fun to hang out with. You make my life worth living. And everyone I know keeps asking me if we've gotten married yet." He chuckled softly. He sighed. I turned my body. I opened my eyes and looked at him. Square in the face.

I leaned in. My lips met his. He was surprised but he kissed me back. The storm rolled on as I laid my head in his lap. He played with my hair until I fell asleep. Which he probably didn't stop playing with it.

A/N

Sup dudes! Y'all it's been a fat minute. I'm sorry I'm so slow. Life is just in the way sometimes. I don't really know what tf this story is. But I just rolled with it mainly because I don't have any inspiration RN because I just watch scary movies and TikTok. Not much going on in the empty brain. Also I don't it but if there are somehow guys on here, y'all girls love it when you play with their hair. They feel safe and relaxed (most of the time)

Stay Lovely 😊