1

"We have no choice- we have to stay with these doctors" my mom spoke, holding my sister close to her, kissing her head.

"You've said it twelve times, Karen" my dad shot back to her.

"I'm nervous Todd, you should be too-" she stopped speaking as soon as the door opened, the newest doctor entering.

"Ashton Irwin, nice to meet you" He spoke, shaking hands with my parents, who introduced themselves.

"So you guys are transferring from St.Judes?" He questioned, sitting at his computer.

"Yes, my husband didn't feel as if Tracey was getting fair treatment there" my mom told him slowly, making him nod.

"Well- I can tell you that you are very far into the treatment, but you guys did have a bone marrow transplant scheduled- moving hospitals most likely caused you to lose your donor-" "our donor is right with us." My mom smiled, hitting my knee gently.

His eyes met mine.

"You're a valid donor?" He questioned.

"Yes, they're perfectly matched- Aaliyah has donated everything that she can to Tracey from blood to now bone marrow" her mom smiled.

"Willingly?" The doctor asked, looking only to me.

Not exactly

"Willingly" I nodded in agreement.

"Okay- well, that makes it much easier, we can go ahead and schedule the transplant, I'll get you both in room, Aaliyah yours will be temporary of course, but Tracey the room you get will remain yours throughout your chemo and such" Ashton spoke.

"That's perfect" my mom smiled.

Within twenty minutes my parents were leaving with Tracey and a nurse as Ashton walked me to a separate room.

"Have you done this before?" He asked me as we stepped into the elevator.

"Not bone marrow" I spoke, seeing him become more interested.

"What all have you done?" He asked.

"Blood transfusions, white and red cell transfusions, she has one of my kidneys, the list goes on forever" I spoke to him.

"When did they find out you were such a perfect match for her?" He asked.

"The only reason I was born was to be her perfect match, I wouldn't be here if she wasn't sick" I spoke, watching his face soften

"I'm sure there's more to it than that" he spoke as we walked down a hallway

"We'll find out together."