29

Thursday night at 11:30, everyone was dreading leaving Texas to go back to the hospital

Except me

I bounced through the airport, leading the way to the gate.

No one questioned it, which I was happy about.

After going through security and waiting on our plane, I let my mind wander to the one place it had been stuck on since Monday.

The lump on my boob that was becoming more and more sensitive everyday.

"What's wrong?" Tracey asked me, making me snap out of my thoughts, looking to her.

"Nothing" I spoke quickly, seeing her slowly nod, hesitantly accepting my answer.

We were soon boarding our flight, where I was seated next to Tracey, who's head hit my shoulder as soon as we were in the air

But I didn't mind, as long as she didn't interfere with my own sleep.

I woke up to the rough feeling of a landing, and I felt pure excitement

I could finally get some attention again.

My dad drove a rental to the hospital, where a nurse immediately got us back into a permanent room for Tracey.

"Well, I know you don't want to be back- but atleast we have a nice view this time" mom mumbled, opening the curtains to look to the outdoors

"How was the vacation?" Ashton beamed with excitement as he entered the room.

Too long.

"Not long enough" mom laughed out lightly

"But thank you for letting us have that." She finished, making him slowly nod.

"How is everyone feeling? Your vitals look great" Ashton spoke, mainly towards Tracey, who just gave small nods and smiles.

"Well today we will do some labs, get your blood work for this month, compare levels and we will go from there, hows that sound?" He spoke quickly.

"That's fine" Tracey spoke lightly, making him smile to her.

"I'll be back in about fifteen minutes, you guys get comfortable"

Once he left, I decided to man up and tell him my concerns.

If the lump was cancer, we needed to catch it now before it was too far.

I doubt that my parents would have another child for me- if anything, it would be to replace me for Tracey.

I left without being noticed, which wasn't odd

I went to Ashton's office, knocking lightly on his door frame due to his door being open.

"Hey Aaliyah, how are you doing?" He smiled, nodding for me to come in.

"I think we need to talk" I spoke quietly, clearing my throat

"About what?" His curiosity took over his face.

"I don't exactly know how to say this- I feel awkward-" "you want to stop donating?" His voice spoke, sounding almost hopeful.

Why did he sound hopeful?

"N-no" I lied.

"That's not what I want to talk about, yet" I mumbled.

"Sorry- I'm sorry. What's wrong?" He asked.

I cleared my throat, letting my knee start shaking lightly.

"There may or may not be a lump on my boob" I spoke as quickly as I could, seeing pure seriousness drive into his face.

"Okay" he spoke slowly, his eyes never leaving my own.

"Does it hurt?" He asked me

"Yeah- at first it only hurt when I touched or hit it, but now a normal bra even hurts" I spoke, watching him intertwine his own fingers on his desk.

"How big is the lump?" He questioned calmly.

"A little bigger than a quarter" I spoke, watching him blink.

"I mean- it's not cancer, right?" I spoke

"Aaliyah- I cant say-" "I cant have cancer." I panicked, having expected him to immediately tell me that it wasn't cancer.

"Aaliyah, no panicking." He stopped me, standing and moving to my side, crouching to look to me

"You, me and Calum are going to run a blood test, give you a work up and we'll go from there, okay?" He spoke.

"We can't tell my parents"