6

Throughout it I stayed quiet, focusing on the sounds of machines rather than what they were saying.

"Is she asleep?" I heard Ashton voice ask, making me zone into the conversation, hearing Luke laugh lightly

"No, she's just kind of spacey" he spoke with a smile, making me readjust my grip on his hands.

"Talk to us Aaliyah, what do you like to do?" Calum's voice spoke out.

"I don't really know" I mumbled, being honest.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Michael laughed, amusement in his voice.

"I've always been in the hospital, I've never went to public school, we don't go out much because of Tracey- I'm always locked up with her" I spoke.

"Well, do you like donating for her?" Luke questioned.

"It's not that I like it, I just don't want her to die" I spoke, feeling Luke adjust the cap on my head carefully.

"Whats been the worst pain you've experienced?" Ashton asked, making me go silent- thinking hard about the question.

"Honestly, I think that epidural was the worst thing I've went through" I spoke, hearing him hum.

"Is she getting worse?" I asked, hearing the room go quiet,

"It's not that she's getting worse" Ashton finally spoke, making my eyebrows raise.

"It's just- rather than her body fighting off the cancer- it's accepting it and trying to work around it" he explained slowly, as if making sure it was worded correctly .

I hummed lightly, acting as if I completely understood.

"Okay Aaliyah, we're starting to finish up" Ashton's voice spoke.

After several minutes of feeling hands continually touching me, I felt a bandage carefully go over the area.

"Okay, move as slow as you can, you're going to feel some pain" Ashton spoke, and I heard gloved snapping of.

Not thinking it would be that bad- I sat up at a pretty quick pace, feeling pain immediately erupt throughout my back.

"And that's why he said to move slow" Luke whispered, putting a supportive hand on my side, helping me up completely.

"Come on, ill carry you back to your room so you don't have to walk or bend to get into a wheelchair"