25

Her dad soon entered with the smallest smile, sitting on the opposite side of the bed, looking to her sleeping body.

"Everything went okay?" He asked.

"As expected- she's just going to be in some pain" Ashton spoke as I ignored, looking out the window.

"She's brave" he spoke, never taking his eyes from her.

"She has no choice but to be" I spoke, closing my eyes as soon as I said it, because I knew I stepped out of line.

"Doctor Hemmings-" "no, it's fine" the dad stopped Ashton.

"He's right, she was forced into this" he nodded slowly.

"And as doctors, I realize that you guys are probably confused and taking her side more because she's in pain and only in pain because she's helping her sister-" "you don't have to explain" Ashton spoke slowly.

The dad nodded slowly.

"Tracey was our miracle baby- we weren't supposed to be able to have kids" He spoke slowly.

"And then she came along, two years after she was born she got sick, we fought it as hard as we could until she was three and they told us that she needed a donor and we would have to wait over five years to get one" he explained.

"We knew we didn't have that much time, so I'll be honest- we did something selfish" he spoke.

"We paid thousands of dollars, and we pretty much got a scientist to match Tracey's DNA to an embryo and they put it in my wife and there we go- a perfect donor, a perfect sister" he spoke, looking to us.

"I want to stop" he whispered.

"But Tracey will die" he spoke.

"The possibilities of Tracey dying are-" "low right now, yes" he interrupted Ashton.

"But without our donor, she'd already be dead."

"And what happens if Aaliyah suddenly gets sick and needs her second kidney?" I asked, knowing Tracey was the owner of that now.

He stared me straight in the eye and spoke to coldest thing I've ever heard a father say

"We hope we find a donor in time"