24

Around ten minutes later the guys came in checked in before moving to do their rounds before Tracey's surgery, I stayed with Aaliyah, knowing I didn't have any patients and Tracey had her parents- so I wasn't needed.

Close to the hour since she had fallen asleep mark, I noticed her shifting lightly,

I put down my phone, turning my full attention to her as she let out a whine, humming lightly.

"Pain?" I asked

"No" she whined out, rubbing her face roughly,

"then what's wrong" I laughed, scooting my chair closer to her.

"I need to pee" she whined, never opening her eyes.

"Come on, I'll help you up" I laughed out.

"Pants?" She spoke into her pillow, making me immediately laugh.

"You don't need pants" I spoke.

"Yeah I do" she continued to talk into the pillow, but yet I could understand what she was saying.

"I'm a Doctor, Aaliyah-" "that doesn't mean I want to walk around without pants on" she groaned tiredly.

Knowing she was going to continue to be difficult, I looked around the room for pants- finding none.

"Stay in bed, I'm going to get some clothes from your sisters room" I spoke sternly, hearing a hum from her before telling a nurse to watch her and leaving.

I ran into Tracey's room, grabbing a pair of Nike shorts on a couch before running back, seeing her in the same position I left her in, silent.

"I got you shorts" I spoke, hearing no response.

"Aaliyah" I sang out, getting no response again.

I walked around, moving the hair from her face- seeing that she had fell right back asleep, making me laugh as I sat beside her.

I looked to her face, seeing so many signs or tiredness

The dark circles
The little forehead wrinkles she had even when sleeping
The way her fingers twitched in her sleep

I felt so bad for her

Living a life in a hospital and she isn't even sick.

About thirty minutes later Ashton joined us, sighing.

"How was Tracey's surgery?" I asked.

"Great" he responded, looking to Aaliyah's sleeping body.

"How's she?" He asked, pulling her chart to check for anything different.

"No dramatic changes, she woke up wanting pants but by the time I got her something she was already asleep again" I spoke, making him laugh lightly.

"Poor kid" He exhaled, his fingers lightly grabbing her wrist, feeling for a pulse.

"What do you think is next?" I asked, praying that Tracey would be in the clear for the next few weeks at least.

"A blood transfusion for sure, but after that I believe they will be good to return home for about a week" he smiled, looking to the young, neglected girl.

"Do you think that's a good thing for her?" I asked, hearing him sign lightly,

"I surely hope it is"