21

Aaliyah.

I woke up to movement from Luke, who I was almost laying on top of due to the small bed.

I opened my eyes to stretch- immediately seeing a shadow standing over us- making me almost scream, sitting up quickly to get away- waking up Luke, who was then startled from the shadow

Just as Luke fell completely out of the bed, the room lights flicked on and familiar voices started speaking.

"Chill, it's just me, chill" Ashton laughed lightly, looking to Luke, who was on the ground, his hand on his chest.

"Turn on a lamp or something, damn" he spoke grouching, moving to slowly stand as I slowly rubbed my eyes, humming in agreement.

"Sorry" Ashton laughed, looking to Michael and Calum as they entered.

"We have to start prepping you, we go into surgery in almost thirty minutes" he spoke.

I gave them the nod, making them all immediately start as Luke stayed seated beside me in bed, trying to wake himself up more.

"Okay pretty girl, all vitals are checked, time for a little IV" Ashton sighed out, making me let my head hit the bed.

"It'll be okay" Luke assured me quietly, grabbing the arm that I didn't have stitches in.

I held Calum's hand tightly as Luke and Ashton worked together to carefully put my IV in, which was not a happy move for me.

Once they finished, Ashton's eyes met my own

"Feels okay?" He asked slowly.

"Feels as good as it should" I mumbled, making him nod slowly.

They ran around me, doing things I wasn't exactly sure of before Ashton sat, exhaling.

"I'm giving you a relaxer- it's a higher dose than I've ever given you, so it might make you a little more dizzy, but it'll be okay." He spoke, connecting a needle to the tubing of my IV, pushing a liquid through it

"Michael, Calum and I are going to go scrub in, Luke it going to stay with you and in about twenty minutes you'll be ready to join us, okay?" He spoke with a smile.

"Okay" I nodded firmly, sending him the smallest smile.

The three of them left, leaving a still tired, but smiling Luke.

Him and I talked quietly before I suddenly felt nothing but anxiousness.

"What if something goes wrong?" I asked Luke, making his eyebrows scrunch together.

"Why are you thinking those negative things?" He asked.

"I don't know- is there any way around the epidural?" I felt a tear glide down my cheek.

"Relax, Relax, Relax" he spoke quickly

Luke.

To say the least, I don't know what triggered it, but she went into pure panic mode.

She was crying, asking questions, panicking every time someone entered the room.

"I can't do this- I can't do the epidural again" she sobbed out, her face hitting my chest, muffling her cries.

I knew her dad had already signed consent papers, but if we could get him to agree to not do the surgery- I could get her out of this.

So I got a nurse to bring her dad in, who immediately looked overwhelmed at the sight of his daughter crying.

"Aaliyah-" "dad I can't do it again" she sobbed out.

After about five minutes of her sobbing and him continually arguing with her sobbing body, he spoke sternly enough to make her stop crying.

"Aaliyah, your sister will die if you don't do this, do you understand what I'm saying?" He asked

She nodded lightly, tears steady falling.
"You're doing the surgery, be brave and stop giving the doctors a hard time." He spoke, giving her forehead the smallest peck before leaving the room, where she immediately tucked her head into my chest, crying again.

"Doctor Hemmings, it's time to get her in there" a nurse spoke,

"Please tell Doctor Irwin and the others about Aaliyah's side effects of the relaxer please"

We got her into a sanitizing room, where I turned away from her, hearing her hiccups and little whines as a nurse helped her change and put her hair into a bun.

I turned back once a nurse told me it was good, helping her put a cap over her hair.

"Let's go, pretty girl" I spoke calmly, taking her hand and leading her into the OR once I had my mask on.

I helped her weak body onto the bed, her hiccups never giving her a break.

I convinced her to hold her breath, which thankfully made them go away.

"I don't want it" she spoke out quietly as her and I both watched the three bodies of the guys appear in the sanitizing room.

"It'll be okay, princess, you won't feel it for long, remember?" I spoke, wiping her tears from her cheeks

She gave me a brave nod, holding my hands tightly in her own.

Soon the three of them entered, snapping gloves on

"I hear our girl is a little scared" Ashton spoke, moving beside me rather than behind her, which told me he wasn't going to move on until he knew she was okay.

She didn't lie, she gave a firm nod.

"Talk to me, why are you scared?" He asked her, watching her bloodshot and puffy eyes slowly blink.

"I don't want the epidural" her voice cracked.

"I know it's bad, Aaliyah- but it's only for a quick second and Luke and Calum are going to hold you the entire time, after the surgery the four of us will give you as much food, as many cuddles, and we'll watch as many movies as you want!" He spoke happily, making only one of her dimples slowly poke through.

"So are we good to go?" He asked slowly, getting the smallest nod.

He went behind her with Michael, Calum stepping beside me, smiling through his mask.

"No reason to be scared, pretty girl" he assured her, grabbing her hands gently.

"Remember, we just start with the cleaning"

And as soon as he touched her back, she started crying again