10

I woke up to the feeling of my blankets moving, feeling a cold substance placed on my back, before the blankets went back over it, hearing talking continue.

"God I hope she doesn't need more tissues" Calum's voice spoke, making me want to instantly groan

I did not want to do this again.

I turned my head in the opposite direction- making the talking silence.

"You awake, sleepy head?" Luke's voice spoke, his hand touching my head gently.

I hummed out, keeping my eyes shut.

"That morphine Ashton gave you is making you feel good, hu?" Calum's voice spoke with amusement- but he spoke nothing but the truth.

"What time is it?" I asked, letting my eyes open- seeing the two of them sitting in the chairs beside my bed.

"Nine in the morning, Tracey and your parents came to see you but we couldn't wake you up for nothing, so they went to breakfast" Calum spoke quietly, making me hum.

That's just my luck.

"How's Tracey?" I asked quietly.

"She's decent" Luke responded.

"Up and walking without assistance, unlike someone" Calum spoke with a hint of playfulness on his tone, making me smile lightly.

"I want up" I spoke, slowly lifting myself onto my elbows, making them both immediately stand.

I still wasn't in half as much pain as before, but nothing felt good.

Calum helped me to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth and freshened up, throwing my hair into a tight ponytail.

"Done?" Calum asked, watching me as he leaned against the door frame.

"I think so" I spoke.

"Let's go make a lap around the hospital" he spoke, which sounded like a good idea- I wanted out of this room.

I leaned onto Calum, he held me tightly, taking slow steps with me through the multiple hallways.

"That's Luke's office" Calum spoke slowly as we passed a door with his full name on it.

"This is a nice hospital- compared to the others" I mumbled out.

"We're a very sturdy and successful hospital" he spoke proudly.

"Do you like being a doctor?" I asked him.

"There's pros and cons to it of course" he spoke slowly

"Like I hate giving shots to kids who hate shots, I hate even being a doctor in general if someone is scared of the thought of doctor's, I never want to be something that people fear" he spoke, making me nod.

"But I love saving lives, I love seeing good results in patients, I love moments even like this" he spoke with a firm smile.

"You love walking a miserable sixteen year old through your hospital?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I love being there for my patients- I love helping them improve, being their shoulder to lean on in their time of pain" he spoke, making me look to him.

"You've got a big heart" I spoke out, seeing him smile

"I like when people notice that"