2

"When is the surgery?" I asked as we walked into the room I knew was my own.

"Later today, in a few minutes I'll bring by the doctors who are going to assist me so they can meet you and your sister" he spoke, making me nod, sitting on the bed.

"Do you want me to get one of your parents to come sit with you when we start to prep, because someone is going to do a vital check in a minute and if you want someone-" "they aren't going to want to leave Tracey- I'm fine alone" I spoke quietly, seeing his head tilt.

"You aren't nervous?" He asked.

I wasn't nervous, I was scared like always.

"I'm fine" I lied with a small shrug.

"Okay, well I'll be back in a minute, push the nurses button if you need anything" He spoke with a smile, making me smile back before he left.

I played on my phone for a few minutes, entertaining myself to the best of my abilities until about thirty minutes later, when Ashton returned with three others.

"Aaliyah, these are my friends and colleagues, Doctors Calum, Luke and Michael, they'll all be in the room assisting when it comes to your procedure" Ashton spoke.

"You guys are with Tracey too?" I asked, wondering why I had so many just to myself.

"No, these are just for you, Calum is a general surgeon so he'll be there to assist me, I'm a oncologist- a cancer doctor, Michael is an orthopedic surgeon, so just in case anything goes wrong with your spine- he will be on hand and Luke is a physical therapists, with a therapy license so he'll be there to comfort you" Ashton informed me slowly.

"What could go wrong with my spine?" I asked.

I watched as they all looked to the one introduced as Michael.

"Well- with every surgery there's risks, getting bone marrow is a very complicated procedure, but putting it in isn't so bad, so your sister has the easy path. But you'll receive a epidural to numb you, and during the procedure any movement from you could cause paralysis or bleeding" he spoke, and I felt immediately more nervous

"But the odds of that are low" Calum chimed in, seeing my now worried expression.

"And I'm awake during this?" I asked.

"Unless you willingly fall asleep, you will be awake- no anesthetic is needed for this" Calum spoke.

I nodded slowly.

"If there's no more questions for right now, would you be okay with Calum doing a quick check up before surgery?" Ashton asked me.

"Y-Yeah that's fine"