35

Soon an intern came in, giving me what I knew was a relaxer through my IV.

"Okay, lets get you in a gown."

My least favorite part.

The guys left and I took off basically all of my clothes, replacing it with a paper thin gown, sighing to myself as the intern helped me tie the strings I couldn't reach.

"My mom isn't outside?" I asked as Luke and Michael reentered.

"No, sunshine" michael exhaled, taking my hand into his own as he sat.

I nodded- feeling my eyes suddenly well with tears.

I always hated surgery, but I always had atleast my dad with me- this was an all time low for them.

"I hate the way relaxers make me feel" I spoke, my voice cracking as I rubbed my face, feeling Luke's hands meet my shoulders again.

"Just try to stop thinking about everything" he spoke calmly, kissing the back of my head.

Soon the intern returned, smiling to us.

"Okay guys, we're ready-" "they can't come?" I asked.

"No, we aren't scrubbed in-" "no, I can't go alone" my voice immediately cracked.

"Aaliyah- it's going to be three minutes before you see Calum-" "Luke I don't want to do it" I sobbed out, letting my head hit his shoulder, feeling him hold me tightly.

"Should I go get Doctor Hood-" "no- just give me a second" Luke spoke, exhaling into me.

He went silent as he thought, Michael looking to me crying into him, trying to figure out how he could possibly help.

"Okay, as they sanitize you and get you ready to go into the OR, I'll scrub in quickly, would that make it better?" He asked.

No, I don't wanna do it.

"Yeah" I hiccuped out, feeling him gently kiss my head again.

After hugging Michael, hearing him promise me that I was going to be okay, the intern and Luke brought me into the familiar cold room, where Luke went straight to the sink, beginning to wash his hands, asking a nurse to grab him several things.

"Okay, lets get this hair up"

I listened to the intern, pulling my hair into a loose ponytail, getting her nod of approval before she quickly put a cap over my hair.

Luke reentered the room in a new set of scrubs as she gave me yet another relaxer- which I wasn't excited for at all.

"Ready?" He questioned, grabbing a mask and the same hair cap I had on my head.

"I guess so"

He led me into the freezing OR, helping me onto the bed where a nurse directed me to immediately lay down, where she thankfully threw blankets over my body.

Luke's hand tightly grabbed my own, making me hold it tightly, praying that this would all be over soon.

I laid there as the nurses hooked electrodes to me, hooking tubing to my IV before looking to me.

"Let's get you into position" one spoke.

after moving into three different positions, the nurses agreed that me laying with my arm above my head was the most efficient.

"Okay, I'm just going to untie this" the intern spoke, untying the strings of the gown on my shoulders

I didn't stop her, thinking she was just going to pull it at an angle- but as soon as she went to pull it all the way down- that relaxer flew out of my system.

"Woah- no- what the fuck are you doing" I spoke quickly, feeling Luke grabbing my wrist as I held her hands tightly, stopping her from revealing my boobs to every human in the room along with the several people in the viewing room.

"We have to pull it down for full access-" "no one told me that, I thought the gown would just be pulled to the side" I looked to Luke as I spoke.

"This is protocol" a nurse spoke.

"Fuck the protocol- let me up" I spoke, trying to move to throw the blankets off of me, but then I heard the main doors open.

"What's going on?" Ashton's voice spoke as everyone looked to him.

"You didn't tell me I was going to be exposed to the whole fucking hospital" I felt my voice crack as I beamed to him.

I could only see his eyes, but I saw the sympathy in his eyes.

"Everyone allowed to see you right now is a doctor, Aaliyah." He spoke.

"That's supposed to make me feel better?" A tear fell down my cheek, Luke quickly wiping it.

"Okay- don't get upset" Ashton spoke as I felt Calum's hands gently touch my head, his gloved thumbs barely running over the skin on my forehead.

"Listen to me, I'm going to try my hardest to keep you covered, because I understand, but I need you to trust me when I say that nothing is going to happen." He spoke towards me firmly.

"I don't want to do this" I spoke, tears welling even more.

"I'm so sorry, sweet girl"