30

"Your parents have to know, Aaliyah-" "no, they can't- you don't understand" I spoke quickly.

"Then explain." He spoke calmly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, wording exactly what to say in my head.

"Tracey is just the priority right now, they shouldn't have to stress over another sick kid-" "Aaliyah, you need the emotional support of you parents, what if I have to tell you bad news?" He questioned to me.

"I'll be fine- I can take it" I spoke truthfully.

He sighed.

"Let's see what Calum says"

We sat in quietness as he paged Calum, looking back to me.

"Are you worried?" He asked me, tilting his head lightly.

"No" I lied.

Within minutes Calum opened the door, glancing to the two of us before coming in completely, shutting the door behind him.

"We have a small problem" Ashton spoke quietly.

"Do you want to tell him- I can if you don't want to." Ashton spoke to me, making me glance to Calum.

"I have a bump on my boob" I spoke simply, watching his eyebrows immediately move together.

"A concerning one?" Calum questioned towards Ashton.

"I haven't examined her yet- she's concerned about it" Ashton spoke to him.

"What's stopping you-" "she doesn't want to tell her parents" he spoke, making me look to my shaking knee.

"Aaliyah, I think we need to talk to them, we have to give you an exam, and that's something you're going to want someone with you for-" "I do stuff by myself all the time." I spoke defensively.

"Aaliyah, I'm going to have to feel the lump, which may make you uncomfortable- we're trying to just make sure everything is to where you are the most comfortable" Ashton spoke cautiously

I could tell they were both worried about how I would react to what they were saying, but I already knew they were going to have to touch the damn lump.

"I'm more comfortable without them with me" I spoke truthfully.

Calum and Ashton looked to each other slowly.

"Okay" Ashton sighed out, looking to me.

"But you have to promise me, if you feel uncomfortable or scared at any point, you'll talk to us." He spoke firmly.

"I promise"

I moved with the two of them to an exam room, where we went through a blood draw process, which I was more than used to.

"I'm going to run this to the lab, you guys are good?" Calum questioned.

"Yes" I spoke towards him, making him leave.

"Okay, how is this part going to make you most comfortable? Do you want to wait on Calum to get back to comfort you or do you want to do it while he's gone?" Ashton asked me quietly.

"While he's gone" I spoke

The least amount of people, the better.

"Okay, do you want to get into a gown or-" "it's like side boob, so can I get in a gown and just fix the gown to where you can only see the lump?" I questioned.

"That's perfect"

He left the room so I could get into the gown.

I exhaled, tying it to where it was easy for me to access.

I spoke a loud "okay", making him immediately open and shut the door behind him. He slipped gloves on as I folded the gown, careful to not reveal anything more than what I had to,

I held the gown in place, feeing his finger immediately rub over the sensitive spot.

After a few moments of him feeling around it, he snapped his gloves off, looking to me

"So I can easily move it, which is a good sign, it's a little big for my liking, and it's very irritated, which I don't like" He spoke calmly.

"Before we do anything or decide anything, I'm going to do an ultrasound to see if I can catch any cancerous tissue, because I'm trying to not put you through an unnecessary mammogram" he spoke.

"Thank you"