28

As soon as we were home, I almost ran to my room, falling into my bed happily.

My happy place.

I immediately turned off all of my lights, covering up and laying down, wanting nothing more than to go to bed.

The whole next five days will be nothing but good sleep.

I woke up around nine in the morning, letting out a small stretch.

I felt horrible, which I assumed was mainly from jet lag and time zones.

I got up, going to shower.

After I showered I got out, immediately drying off

As I ran my towel across my chest, I hit a spot on my boob that hurt

I immediately brought my hand to the spot, feeling a lump.

The bad thoughts immediately came to my mind, but I didn't dare think it.

I put a bra on, finishing getting ready, making myself forget about the knot.

I fixed myself breakfast, watching Netflix on my phone as I ate, sighing to myself at the boredom of being home.

I went from being with the guys at the hospital to being alone at my house.

I didn't like this change very much, which surprised me.

I heard my phone ding, making me turn my attention to it

Luke:

How are you feeling?

I hummed, almost happy that he texted me

I'm good, a little tired but that's nothing new. How is everything with you guys?

I sighed, rubbing my face before getting up to wash my dishes

The next five days couldn't pass fast enough.

two days later

"Let's go do something" I spoke to my parents and Tracey, who were all sitting on the couch, deep into their phones.

"Your sister is basically quarantined- you know that" my dad spoke.

"She was on an airplane three days ago-" "are you talking back?" My mom quickly shot to me, making me sigh.

"We just haven't done anything- I don't see the point in flying all the way home to do the same thing we were doing in-" "the point is that your sister can have some time home, you're not going through half the shit she is. Have some consideration"

I'm not going through half the shit she is??

The only think I'm not going through that she is going through, is chemo.

I ignored- not wanting to cause a yelling match, I went upstairs, laying in my bed.

I texted Luke quickly

I can't wait to be back at the hospital