36

Ashton.

My heart broke as she continued to cry.

I felt the anesthesiologists nudge me lightly, telling me we needed to start before all of the relaxer was out of her system.

"Okay, calm down, you're okay" I assured her, rubbing her sides gently, Luke holding her hands, Calum holding her head gently, wiping her tears with a rag.

"I don't want to do any of this anymore" she cried as the anesthesiologists hooked the sleeping drug to her IV, waiting on my nod.

"This surgery will only last about thirty minutes, Aaliyah-" "I mean everything" she cried out, making the three of us all look to each other.

"Aaliyah-" "I just want to be normal, Ash" she cried out, making me immediately lean down to place a kiss on her forehead through my mask, watching her eyes close and her sobbing stopping momentarily

One act of love caused everything to calm down.

"We will talk about this when you wake up, okay pretty girl?" I spoke calmly.

"Don't leave me" she spoke as I gave a nod to the anesthesiologist.

"I won't, I promise you" I spoke as he started injecting it.

"I love you" She spoke as he carefully held her head with Calum's assistance, putting a mask over her nose and mouth

"I love you too, Aaliyah"

We all stood in silence as we watched her fight her sleep for a few minutes before the medicine beat her, her eyes shutting tightly.

"And she is out" the anesthesiologists spoke, checking her brain monitor for assurance.

"Let's get this over this"

Luke left and with assistance from nurses and Calum- we managed to keep her covered for the most part.

We successfully removed the tissue, myself quickly stitching the small cut, making sure I had everything out, so we wouldn't have to do it again.

"Let's get her back into her room" I nodded, making everyone immediately agree.

Calum and I scrubbed out before we both immediately went to her room, where we immediately saw her red, puffy eyed father.

We weren't even able to speak.

"A nurse came and told us she was crying in the OR" he cleared his throat lightly.

"She was just scared, we were able to handle it" I spoke, moving to her and taking the cap off of her head, carefully pulling the pony tail out of her hair, remembering that she told me she hated when her hair was up, because it hurt her head.

I watched him nod lightly as I tied the strings on the gown, making sure there was no possibility of it falling.

I made sure there was a bandage over the stitches before I hooked her IV to fluids.

I got a wet rag and I wiped the dry tear marks that Calum had missed in the OR, which made her dad speak.

"We aren't bad parents" he spoke.

I looked to him, nodding

"Not to Tracey" I spoke- failing at biting my tongue.

He rubbed his face gently.

"Aaliyah is my baby- I may not treat her like it- but I'd do anything for her"

I looked to him, feeling my face get hot from anger

"You'd do anything for her, but yet you can't hug her before she goes into surgery?"