7

He carefully laid me in bed, making sure my back never fully hit the bed.

I moved to lay on my side, feeling Luke covering me up.

"Thank you" I spoke as he pulled away, smiling to me.

"No need to thank me" He spoke, not taking his eyes off of me.

"You know, it may not feel like it, but you're a hero- what you're doing is so heroic" he spoke, giving my hand a squeeze.

I didn't feel like a hero at all.

"She doesn't even thank me" I whispered out, seeing his frown increase.

"She will, she just doesn't understand what exactly you're doing right now" he whispered back, just as I heard the door get pushed open, seeing my dad appear.

"Sorry I didn't come to see you before- Tracey was sick and throwing up" he spoke, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"Dr.Hemmings" Luke introduced himself, shaking hands with my dad who put on a smile saying a quick "Dylan"

"I saw through the glass- thank you for being with my girl through the surgery- it looked intense" he spoke out, making Luke nod.

"Yeah- it was intense, she's still in some pain and it'll probably get worse over the next few days, but you have a very brave daughter, didn't even shed a tear" Luke bragged, looking to me with a smile.

"That's my girl" my dad smiled, his eyes moving to me also.

"Well, get some sleep, we have to wait about thirty minutes before we can put cooling rags on the area, but I'll come put them on you as soon as I can" Luke spoke, making me nod.

"Thank you again" I spoke as he moved to walk out of the room.

"Anytime you need, just push the nurses button"

My dad took a seat, pulling it closer to me, sighing.

I shifted lightly, trying to find a comfortable position.

"It hurts?" He questioned.

"It does" I confirmed, laying on my stomach- finding that the most comfortable position.

I felt his hand gently rub the top of my back, not moving close to the spot- thank God.

"I knew from the minute you were born that you were destined to do great things" he spoke, kissing my head firmly.

Great things

Like saving my big sisters life

And

Killing myself in the process