31

"Don't thank me" He spoke, sitting at a computer, signing into it.

"What's the probability of it being cancer?" I asked him.

" I have no idea yet, sunshine" he spoke calmly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, giving a small nod.

I stayed in the gown due to him booking an ultrasound, as we sat quietly, I let my mind think, the thoughts of actually having cancer invading my brain again

"You're brave, you know that, right?" Ashton spoke, making me look to him.

"You're badass, you take every shot we give you like a boss, you're seventeen and you're sitting with a male doctor for a lump on your boob, that's more than any girl your age would've done" he spoke, making me blink to him.

"I trust you" I shrugged lightly.

This made a smile come to his face.

"Thank you" He spoke firmly.

Soon I was laying on a bed, Ashton trying to carefully do an ultrasound of the lump, without hurting me- which wasn't so easy.

I held my complaints, knowing nothing was his fault.

"I'm not seeing any cancerous tissue" he spoke, making me almost thank god right then and there.

I soon changed into my t shirt and bralette again, following Ashton like a lost puppy through the hospital.

"What now?" I asked.

"We wait on Calum to bring the blood results, from there we determine what to do"

"What happens if-" Calum walked in holding an envelope, making me look to him, hopeful.

Ashton opened it, Calum reading from behind him.

"It's fiborodenoma" Calum spoke slowly.

I felt tears come into my eyes

I had no fucking idea what that was, but it sounded bad.

Ashton nodded in agreement slowly, which made the first tear fall down my cheek

I was going to fucking die

I was going to die at the age of seventeen without ever experiencing real happiness outside of this hospital.

More and more tears fell, until Ashton looked to me.

"Why are you crying?" Ashton's voice filled with concern.

"I don't want to die" I almost sobbed out, hearing the chair move, telling me he was coming to me.

"You're not going to die, who told you, you were going to die-" "you said I have fiborodenoma, and I don't know what that is, but it sounds so bad-"

I heard Calum's sympathetic laugh as I felt arms wrap around me

"No Aaliyah, that's just a medical term for a non cancerous tumor" Ashton spoke calmly as he held me into his chest.

I held him back for several minutes, regaining my composure

"So I'm going to be okay?" I questioned slowly.

"You're going to need surgery just to remove the lump so it stops hurting, but yes, you're going to be perfectly okay" Calum spoke for Ashton, making me wipe my tears.

"You can't use medical terms around me" I hiccuped lightly

"You can't freak out over medical terms until we have time to explain them to you"