40

a week later.
Luke.

"I don't understand why I can't stay with you guys" Aaliyah spoke tiredly from my office chair as I packed my work papers into a bag.

"Because Michael will be the only one home, and he most likely will be at the bars at night, I'm sorry sweetheart" I spoke.

"Why can't I come with you?" She asked, making me sigh, turning to her and sitting on my desk, looking to her

"That is a lot to ask from your parents first off, secondly I'll be in meetings the entire time and you'll be stuck in a hotel" I spoke.

Ash, Calum and I were going on a business trip, which left Aaliyah here with Michael for a week, who she wasn't even too close with, she wasn't happy.

"You and Michael will get bonding time at least" I spoke, seeing her nod lightly.

"What if something happens?" She asked me.

"Like what?" I asked her.

"I don't know" she mumbled out, making me laugh lightly.

"What if Tracey needs an organ?" She asked me.

"Then we will come home" I spoke, seeing her sigh.

"You'll be fine" I promised her, kissing her head gently.

"It's five short days"

She rolled her eyes to that one.

Once it was time to go, we told all of our patients goodbye, introducing them to our fill ins.

Aaliyah walked beside me silently, holding my arm, which made me smile.

I hugged her tightly as we got to the door, feeling her hug me back even tighter.

"You're going to be perfectly okay" I spoke into her hair.

"I know" she mumbled back to me.

She got hugs from the three of us, assuring pep talks the entire time.

"We'll be back before you even know it" Calum spoke, hugging her.

She gave us a nod as she pulled away.

"See you soon"

Aaliyah.

I watched them leaving, feeling more and more disappointed the longer they were gone.

Time to find Michael.

I went to Tracey's room, seeing Michael beside the door frame.

"You do not want to go in there right now" he spoke quickly.

"Why?" I asked.

"Big family fight" he explained simply, making me lean against the wall.

"Over what?" I asked.

He looked to me, sighing lightly.

"Your kidney"

I immediately looked to him.

"Her kidneys are slowly failing, she will eventually need one. But she has plenty of time to be on the donors list to receive one, but they don't even want to put her on the list, they just want to take one of yours." He spoke quietly.

"Doesn't shock me" I spoke simply.

"But your sister is arguing against it."

"What?"

Later that night, my mom and dad were asleep, Michael had left for the night, Tracey was watching a movie and I was dozing off in the corner.

And then I felt something hit my foot.

I woke up quickly- knowing it was a nurse, but I didn't see anything.

I looked to Tracey, seeing her scooting over, lifting her sheets for me to crawl into bed with her.

I was so confused, but I slowly did.

"It's been a while since we've done this" she mumbled, making me laugh lightly in agreement.

"I need you to do something for me" she spoke quietly.

"Okay" I whispered.

"I need you to refuse."

I was shocked.

"You want me to refuse-" "from this point on, refuse any medical treatment, go as far as getting a lawyer if you want. But tomorrow, tell mom and dad that you're done." She spoke.

"You'll die-" "I want to, Aaliyah" she spoke quietly.

"I'm not getting any better, and Ashton told me the probability of me ever getting a hundred percent better is low" she spoke quietly.

"I don't want either of us to have to live like this forever." She whispered, tucking hair behind my head.

"Mom and Dad aren't going to let me deny-" "the guys will help you get a lawyer, you'll get medically emancipated and you'll have a say in everything you do." She spoke.

"Please Aaliyah, do this for me."

"You want me to basically kill you?" I asked her.

"Might as well, I'm barely living as we speak."