3

"I'm going to go talk to Tracey and your parents about your surgery while you guys do the check up, page me if you need anything" Ashton spoke, making all four of us nod.

He left, making me look to Calum, who was typing on a tablet, I assume pulling up my chart.

"You've been through some intense recoveries, haven't you?" He spoke, throwing his tablet into the bed beside me.

"I have" I nodded, giving the smallest smile.

"Well, not to scare you or anything, but this will be one of the worst" he spoke, moving to me with his stethoscope.

I gave him a nod as he looked to me, telling him he could listen.

His hand went to my chest, the room going completely silent as I focused with every bone in my body to not move.

He moved to my lungs, making me take deep breaths.

"Perfect" he spoke, grabbing a blood pressure cup, putting it around my arm.

I felt it tighten around my arm before it loosened, Calum frowning.

"A little high, but it's probably just your nerves" he spoke.

Or the fact that I'm constantly stressed out.

He carried on, checking my pulse and temperature before standing with a solid nod.

"Everything seems okay" she spoke just as Ashton entered.

"I suggest doing a relaxer before we start the transplant" Calum spoke out, making Ashton nod slowly, looking to me.

"Is there anyone we can call to come sit with you during your operation-" "no, I'll be okay" I faked a smile, seeing him sigh.

"I'll hold her hand if she needs" Luke spoke sending me a wink, which made me genuinely smile.

"Okay- well, we'll take you to prep in about fifteen minutes, I'm going to go ahead and give you a relaxer so that it can start kicking in, but I don't want you walking around or anything, I want you to just lay down and watch tv" Ashton spoke sternly.

"Okay" I responded simply.

He sat beside me in the bed, setting the needle and bandaids on a little rolling table.

I looked to him as he grabbed my arm, examining a bruise from a recent blood draw.

"The doctor blew my vein" I spoke simply, watching him rub over it gently.

"Idiots" he mumbled, moving to my other arm.

I watched him wipe the crook of my elbow down, throwing the wipe away, making me immediately look to the wall.

Just because I get shots all the time doesn't mean that I like them

I wanted to fight and scream over getting this one, but that wouldn't be a solid first impression.

I felt it glide through my skin, making me squeeze my eyes shut.

"and you're all done for now" He spoke, putting the bandaid over it.

"Press the nurses button if you need anything, I'll send your parents to come see you before we go, just relax"