2 - Disappointed

Disappointed

His dirty blonde hair was falling onto his forehead as he ran across the soccer field, chasing the ball. He had decided to make a goal today in the game against The Werwolves.

I watched as my husbands arm was around my waist, holding my hand. I smiled, seeing my son smiling as his team scored making them ahead of the others. I stand up and cheer, clapping my hands together.

The referee whistled off the game and the boys ran off the field, towards their coach. I smiled and walked down the steps towards my little soccer player with Ian following behind.

"Hey you," I said as I approached him.

"Hey mom," Max smiled and drank from his water bottle while drying off some sweat from his forehead, pushing his hair back.

"You did great today," I assured him as we walk towards the car.

"Thanks," Max trailed off, picking at his team shirt with the number 3 on it.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" I asked

"I just wish dad would've been here to see it," he says.

I sighed and rubbed my hand up and down Max' back. Max' father, Justin, is always busy. He makes promises about coming to Max' soccer matches but he never come, only to Max' disappointment.

"I know honey but you know your dad is busy, he'll come to the next one," I told him even though I wasn't sure about it.

Max sat into the backseat and Ian in the drivers seat. I closed the trunk, turning around as I heard someone calling my name.

"Y/N!" Justin called out as he jogged towards me.

"Justin?" I said in complete disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't make it, did I?" He asked, stopping in front of me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, looking at him with raised eyebrows. "Of course you didn't, Justin!" I almost shouted.

"Fuck..." Justin cursed under his breath.

"Yeah, fuck. Justin, he expected you to be here, just for once," I said and pointed my finger into his chest. "Why can't you just be there?"

"I'm busy, Y/N. All the goddamn time, okay?" Justin said and ran a hand through his hair, the same color as Max'.

"That's an awful excuse Justin. How many work on a Sunday, huh?" I asked, crossing my arms again.

"I do. I'm the boss at the office, don't expect me to run away from all the stuff we need to do."

I let out a shaken breath, "I promised him you'd be there at the next one. Please just be there, okay?"

"I won't promise anything Y/N, I can't and you know that," Justin says with a hint of guilt.

"He wants you to be proud of him."

"I'm proud of him no matter what," he says and looks down.

"Bye Justin, please come next time."

-

Ahhhhh! This one sucks, I'm sorry...