16 - Will you be my date?

I was tired, confused and disappointed. We had hung out last night and I expected him to ask me to prom but guess what? It never happened.

I was tired because he went home, out of my window, at 2 am. I was confused because normally boyfriends would ask their girlfriends to prom. Not just expect them to do so. I was disappointed because he knew the prom was coming up but he haven't asked and it was tonight.

"Hey babe," he said when I sat inside his car. He was my ride to school every day and he has been since we started dating.

"Hey," I mumbled and buckled up.

He frowned at me and drove off towards school. I placed my school bag down on the floor by my feet and leaned back.

"What's the matter?" He asked, looking from the road to me and to the road again.

I didn't want to sound clingy and desperate so I shrugged and looked out of the window, ignoring his sad stare. Justin was always the loyal guy and he couldn't stand when I gave him the cold shoulder but he deserved it.

Once we reached the school, he parked his car and got out before walking to my side to open the door for me. I jumped out of the high Range Rover and grabbed my bag. We walked side by side into the school where the always walked and held hands. I didn't want to hold his hand, but I didn't want to tell him my problem either. He could find out himself.

We had different classes in the periods until the first break so I muttered a bye after he had pecked my cheek and walked off together with the football guys that were his team. I sighed and walked down the hall to my locker, to receive my books for first period when my best friend appeared beside me.

"Hey you," she said and smiled widely as always.

"Hey," I said simply and opened my locker, throwing my bag inside.

"He still didn't ask you?" Amy said, her smiley face replaced by a frown. I shook my head and closed my locker shut before walking with her to first period. "I can't believe him, I thought he would've asked you by now."

I nodded and took a seat up the front of the class, my usual seat. Amy took the seat beside me and leaned her elbows on the table, "do you want me to talk with him?"

"No, I want him to figure out himself."

She nodded with her lips pursed as the teacher walked into the room. I wasn't aware of the class, my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't believe he didn't ask me to prom. It was the biggest night of the whole school year and here I am - a senior with a jock as a boyfriend who hasn't asked me to be his prom date. Unbelievable.

*

The classes has ended and it was now the first break of the day. I was sat at a table with Amy and some other of our girls. They were chatting and I was picking at my food. Justin hadn't come to lunch yet because he was at practice for the game next week.

He had the time to rant about how they were going to beat the opponents asses and win it all but he didn't have the time to ask me to prom. Again - unbelievable.

I was nudged by Amy's elbow when the whole room became silent. I looked up at her with a confused stare as she pointed to the end of the room. I moved my gaze and there right in the middle was my boyfriend with a blue rose in his hand.

When our eyes met, he smiled softly at me before walking towards our table, rounding it until he stood before me.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi."

He looked around at the room, stares directed at us. He gulped slightly and got down on one knee. I smiled widely at him.

"Y/N, will you do me the honor and be my prom date?" He asked, holding the blue and beautiful rose out to me. I smiled at the rose and took it from his hand before nodding.

"Yes," I softly said.

"Yes?" He asked, almost not believing it. How could he be that dumb? Of course, I'd go with him. He's my boyfriend, for fucks sake.

"Yes," I clarified. He fell to both of his knees and grabbed my face between his hands before pressing his lips to mine in a soft and passionate kiss.

The whole room cheered and the football team yelled; "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

The girls around us squealed, smiling at us as I kissed him back with a grin on my face. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too baby."

-

I really hope you guys enjoyed this an thank you for reading and voting! Continue the good work :)