XXIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕛𝕦𝕟𝕖 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"we know there's a war coming,
so how do we protect them"

NARCISSA STEPPED INTO HER MASTER SUITE to see her husband wrestling the black bow tie that seemed to be suffocating him

NARCISSA STEPPED INTO HER MASTER SUITE to see her husband wrestling the black bow tie that seemed to be suffocating him. The woman let out a soft chuckle towards her husband's hasty actions.

The content mother and wife walked over to Lucius who was dressed in the suit he had worn for his meeting at the Ministry, followed by lunch with his father and her own.

His long blonde hair was combed into a ponytail and tied back with a black ribbon, while the smell of his aftershave scented through the air.

He stood in front of the full-length mirror of their master suite. Lucius sighed when he saw the small figure of his wife come up behind him. The man sighed in defeat, slapping his hands against his sides angrily, knowing he wasn't going to get it off anytime soon.

"Honestly, darling, if you can't even remove a simple bow tie. . . then how bad was your day?" Narcissa questioned her husband, making her way up to him to help. Lucius had slumped down on the edge of the bed, clearly rattled and distressed by the day's events.

"You know I still love you the same," She whispered, her dainty fingers removing the tie and the first few buttons of his shirt.

Lucius held his head down for a moment, feeling as though he could somewhat breathe again. Rosalie had tiptoed passed her parents bedroom when she caught sight of the scene through the open slit in the door.

"I spoke with our fathers today and we have agreed that it would be best to move Rosie to Hogwarts, starting next semester," Lucius announced content, although he didn't seem the slightest.

Rosalie felt her heart stop for a second, she knew it had been mentioned before but then never spoken about since or so she thought. Her mind was racing with millions of questions and emotions. Maybe moving schools wouldn't be the end of the world? Or maybe it would be another step in leaving her old life behind in France.

"Lucius, I don't know," Narcissa reasoned, her hands resting on his chest. She looked up at him with her crystal blue orbs, "If you were truly pleased with this decision to move our daughter to another school, you wouldn't be so distressed about it." The woman replied, intertwining her hand with her husbands comfortingly.

Lucius shook his head, "I just. . . don't want her to hate me for moving her away." He explained, running his hands through his hair nervously.

"At first, I wanted her there so I could protect her. But now I just want to have a relationship with my daughter and have her not resent me, or look at me like those from the first wizarding war." Lucius reasoned to his wife, knowing the future was unpredictable, as was his relationship with his daughter.