LVIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟞
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"how is this happening so fast?"

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟞━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━"how is this happening so fast?"

Steam filled the room. Scalding water flowing down his body in rivers. Graham didn't want to move. The temperature was perfect, his skin numb.

He bathed his skin lightly, taking careful notice not to touch the faint bruises that still littered his body from the explosion weeks later. His skin burned against the droplets, flushed from the sheer heat.

Turning off the tap, he stepped out of the steaming shower. The water dripped down his hair softly as he wrapped the charcoal towel firmly around his waist.

After so many days of drizzly spring weather, the sun had finally reappeared. A promise that today was to be special, perfect even. The morning rays piercing through the light sheers in his bedroom.

Graham stifled a small yawn, stretching out his arms. He readied himself for the day, dressing in navy slacks and a light grey jumper, before heading downstairs to the kitchen.

Well maybe for tea, but not for breakfast. With butterflies in his stomach and his head buzzing with possibilities, there was no way he'd swallow a bite, let alone a full English breakfast their House Elf prepared daily.

It had been weeks since he'd seen Rosalie, and today he'd finally get to see her again. Staring into the gardens, he wandlessly poured the boiling water into his mug.

Bringing the tea to his lips, he noticed a feminine figure enter his peripheral.

A muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of his right eye, his mouth formed a rigid grimace. With his arms folded tightly across his broad chest, he tapped his foot anxiously, staring out of the kitchen window.

"Please be nice today." He fixed her a warning stare.

Elise sent her son a perplexed glance, "I don't know what you mean?" She replied innocently sipping her own freshly poured cup of tea.

Graham merely rolled his eyes, glancing back out the window. "You know exactly what I mean." He said bringing the mug to his lips.

His mother hadn't been the most receptive of his summer fling with Flora Carrow nor any other one. He hadn't cared since it was nothing more than a fling . . . but Rosalie was special.

And, Graham wanted his mother to like her more than anything. He wanted this to work long-term. She wasn't just another girl at Hogwarts.