XLI

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕟𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"i don't care if marcus flint let you buy your place on the team,
I'm not letting it happen."

Draco Malfoy looked out into the distance, the sun was shining through the white fluffy clouds, the grass had never looked greener and the trees blew in the light October breeze

It was a perfect day for their second set of tryouts and he couldn't wait to show everyone his little sister in action.

There was no way that Graham Montague wouldn't select his sister as the chaser to replace Warrington for the first few games . . . but Draco hoped that he would keep her on a more permanent basis.

The current Slytherin team (all males of course) stood on the Quidditch field awaiting the possible candidates for the emergency chaser position to arrive. The entire team wanted nothing more than for Slytherin to win this year and for Gryffindor to come last.

Montague, being Captain, knew the team could use some fresh blood. Having heard from Draco, that his younger sister was a Chaser, Montague assumed there would be some form of bribery to get his sister onto the team.

Yet, Montague wanted to be firm this year on having a team of only exceptional players and if she didn't meet that requirement, no amount of bribery could change that.

When Rosalie arrived at the pitch with Adella by her side, they moved to the massive group of students trying out. There were all kinds of people, ranging from small scrawny kids to well built large teenagers. Each had their own broom but some looked more confident than the others.

Rosalie herself more nervous than any other candidate it seemed. "There are so many people trying out. . . I don't stand a chance. . . even if I'm trying out for an emergency position." She whispered worriedly to the blonde by her side.

"Just trust yourself," Adella hugged the girl reassuringly, "You can do anything you put your mind to." Yet, Rosalie still remained unconvinced as she listened to each of the candidates' names, growing even more nervous by the second.

Bletchley ticked each name off as he went down the list, with Montague making eye-contact with each one upon their name being read.

He was curious to know Rosalie's ability as a chaser and whether a hard conversation with Draco was needed this afternoon when he informed the fifth year that his sister wasn't good enough. But, not wasting any more time Montague sent the candidates off in small groups to test their skills.

Rosalie felt incredible to be back on her broom, flying around the Quidditch pitch. The excitement that came from only playing this one-of-a-kind magical sport; throwing and receiving quaffles, scoring, flying at the speed of light.