XXXIV

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"i can't believe this has all happened
in the first week of school"

Rosalie, Adella and Daphne walked towards the Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom, conversing quietly about their previous subject and teacher, Divination

"I can't stand that class," Daphne groaned, as the walked down the stone hallways of the castle. "It's so boring." She complained, earning nods of agreement from Rosalie and Adella.

"Although, this Umbridge woman seems even more dreadful," Rosalie commented nearing the classroom, Adella agreeing with a simple nod.

"Do you realize how much homework we've got already?" Daphne continued, rubbing her forehead.

"Binns set us a foot-and-a-half-long essay on giant wars, Snape wants a foot on the use of moonstones, and now we've got a month's dream diary from Trelawney! This Umbridge woman had better not give us any. . . ." The blonde girl groaned, rubbing her forehead in distress.

Yet, when they entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teacher's desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head.

The class was quiet as the girls entered the room; Professor Umbridge was, as yet, an unknown quantity and nobody knew yet how strict a disciplinarian she was likely to be.

Adella and Rosalie took their seats on middle row desk towards the front. On Adella's side sat Daphne and Pansy and on Rosalie's Hermione and Lavander, whilst  Ron and Harry sat on the desk behind her.

"Well, good afternoon!" She chirped when finally the whole class had sat down. A few people had barely mumbled 'Good afternoon' in reply. "Tut, tut," Professor Umbridge hiccuped. "That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge.' One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," The class chanted back at their new Professor. This was going to be an extremely long year . . .

"There, now," said Professor Umbridge sweetly. "That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please."

Many of the class exchanged gloomy looks; the order "wands away" had never yet been followed by a lesson they had found interesting. Rosalie placed her wand back inside her  (with an extension and weightless charm attached to it) and pulled out a quill, ink, and her bound parchment notebook for this subject.