XXXVIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕤𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"she's just unbearable"

After the Daily Prophet article outlining the passing of Educational Decree Twenty-three, giving Umbridge the new position of 'Hogwarts High Inquisitor', students suspected teachers would be inspected regularly

However, Professor Umbridge was not inspecting Rosalie's History of Magic lesson, which was just as dull as the previous Monday, nor was she in Snape's dungeon when she arrived for double Potions, where she noticed Harry's moonstone essay was handed back to him with a large, spiky black D scrawled in an upper corner.

"I have awarded you the grades you would have received if you presented this work in your O.W.L," Snape remarked with a smirk, as he swept among them, passing back their homework. "This should give you a realistic idea of what to expect in your examination."

Snape reached Rosalie placing in front of her the parchment essay with an O scrawled in the upper corner with the same spiky black handwriting. Snape gave her a small nod of his approval before he returned to the front of the class and turned to face them.

"The general standard of this homework was abysmal. Most of you would have failed had this been your examination. I expect to see a great deal more effort for this week's essay on the various varieties of venom antidotes, or I shall have to start handing out detentions to those dunces who get D's." He drawled unamused, as Rosalie swiftly noted her potions homework in her diary.

Snape smirked as Zabini sniggered. "Some people got D's? Ha!" He remarked in a carrying whisper.

Rosalie watched from her seat at the back as Harry realized that Hermione was looking sideways to see what grade he had received; he slid his moonstone essay back into his bag as quickly as possible, feeling that he would rather keep that information private.

He knew he should've just asked Rosalie for help like Ron had. . . maybe then he wouldn't be in this situation. But he couldn't go back now. . . not after what's happened between them. Not after how she's changed. Besides they were civil and that have suffice for now.

Rosalie swiftly completed the Strengthening Solution Snape had set for their class. Her potion the perfect clear turquoise shade as stated by her textbook, thus earning Slytherin another five points. Packing up her cauldron, she glanced around the room.

Harry's Strengthening Solution was not precisely the turquoise shade clear of her own or Hermione's but it was at least blue rather than pink, like Neville's.

Rosalie collected her book bag as she made her way to the Transfiguration classroom with Hermione and Adella. Professor Umbridge and her clipboard were sitting in a corner when they arrived and the sight of her drove the three of them to groan in annoyance.