XL

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕠𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"no you deaf git, i already told you
my sister is off limits"

A single golden leaf pirouetted down an invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down

A single golden leaf pirouetted down an invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the air as it let itself be carried down. Rosalie watched it intently as she moved away from the town towards the secluded green fields that surrounded it.

It shook slightly as if it could have been whisked away any second by the grip of an icy wind, but it kept floating down the twirling course.

She hummed to herself quietly as she moved deeper into the forest, checking over her shoulder every once in a while to check she wasn't being followed.

It wasn't until she'd moved so far from the village that she'd stop by a fortress of trees that hid her location. She sat down against the tree, still humming quietly to herself as she buried her head in her knees.

Her relationship with Harry seemed to worsen with every passing day; it seemed that she could no longer do anything right. She still doesn't know why it bothered her that much - she wasn't that close with him last year either.

She sniffled quietly, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

Why was she being in Slytherin such a big deal for him?

She had been accepted by nearly all from across the four houses. . . but Harry remained the most disgusted and distant out of any of the students for that matter. . . for he was not a friend in her book.

It was at that moment that she wanted someone to confide in, anyone for that matter. She pondered returning to school and just lying in her brother's arms until these gut-wrenching feelings faded.

She wanted Draco to protect her, tell her that everything would work out . . . but she knew she couldn't, he would care too much and question why she was so upset.

Besides, she worried that he'd already begun to notice her changed aura . . . and would act on his concerned feelings for her.

She thought about talking to Adella; knowing she would be supportive like any real friend. But Rosalie couldn't place all her problems on Adella nor Hermione, that wouldn't be fair to either of them; even if they had each tried to get Rosalie to open up about these issues with Harry.

In fact, she wanted to tell James, or perhaps even Hayden since he'd actually met Harry; but these feelings were something that could never be written in a letter. . .