XXVIII

┌───── ・☆☽・ ─────┐
𝕛𝕦𝕝𝕪 𝟙 𝟡 𝟡 𝟝
━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━
"no, i haven't forgiven him yet,
he's tearing apart our family again"

ANITA SIPPED HER COFFEE quietly reading the latest article in the Daily Prophet, her heels tapping impatiently against the marble kitchen floor

ANITA SIPPED HER COFFEE quietly reading the latest article in the Daily Prophet, her heels tapping impatiently against the marble kitchen floor. Her husband had caused quite the scene the other night and she feared her granddaughter would distance herself more than before.

The older woman looked down at her watch, suddenly surprised by the time. She swiftly finished her coffee before passing the empty cup to a nearby house elf.

"You have a letter, Mrs Malfoy." The small elf squeaked, it's boney fingers handing her the parchment letter. The woman nodded her gratitude and, in an instant the house elf disappeared once more.

Anita held the ivory parchment tightly between her fingers, her beige manicured nails gliding back and forth across the envelope. She stared at the envelope intently, as though contemplating opening it or not.

Anita smoothed her thumb of her granddaughter's perfect calligraphy, momentarily enjoying its familiarity.

She couldn't understand why she was hesitating in opening the parchment envelope, she had told her granddaughter to write. She was just worried it was a letter that told exactly what she feared.

The older woman shook her head, she knew the words her husband had spoken the other night were severe and she couldn't begin to comprehend how Rosalie had truly felt.

She just hoped Rosalie wouldn't push the rest of the family away because of her husband's actions.

Yet, in an instant, she summoned a letter opener slicing through the parchment eager for the news it held from her granddaughter.

Dear Grandma,

I am writing to you as requested after our discussion the last Tuesday and I want to assure you that I'm alright. In fact, I've come to realise that I shouldn't have reacted in the way I did and I understand that I overstepped my place, but I cannot change the way I feel. . . or more importantly the differing ways in which I was brought up.

I understand that Slytherin is highly important to this family and that I am expected to carry on this tradition. However, what I cannot understand is that if I'm placed in a house other than Slytherin, why it would be such a dishonour to the family.

I explained to my parents that my house at Beauxbatons was a combination of the Slytherin and Gryffindor traits and thus, that I cannot help what house I am placed in.