CHAPTER 10: Now She'll Understand, Hopefully

WADE

Last night was amazing and just being with her in general, is amazing always.

We both really needed this trip and this morning after I made us some breakfast, we headed into town to go looking around and to shop a little bit as well.

While in town we also grabbed some lunch before making our way back to the house.

Something I always loved and enjoyed about this town was that the locals here were very down-to-earth and genuine when they welcomed you with their warm friendly smiles and hospitality.

Racine is the very first girl I have ever taken here before because none of the others were as important.

Last night, I had a dream of me and Racine having a picnic down by the water while our kids played in the lake. We had two kids, a boy and a girl. I hope that was a look at our near future because we looked so happy and I had the most beautiful family.

Speaking of children, today we decided to hang the first sonogram of our child on the fridge and we always looked at it whenever we walked past to remind us of what's to come.

I grilled us some steak tonight along with a loaded baked potato for dinner and poured us some iced tea. Then we sat out on the deck in the back and had a nice meal while overlooking the water and the nice gentle breeze.

Although things seemed to be going great, there was something I just couldn't seem to forget about. It was the incident that had happened with those assholes back at the house who broke in when I wasn't there.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing. How do you like your dinner?" I ask, changing the subject.

"It's delicious of course cause you made it." She smiled at me. "But why don't you tell me in what you're thinking about."

"I wasn't going to say anything but I can't stop thinking about what happened at the house. I can't help but feel guilty." I confess.

"Wade, what do I have to do to help you move on from that?" She asks with concern.

"Well, to be honest I've been thinking about what we could do and I have decided that from now on, I'm gonna pick you up from work as well as take you. Then when we head back to the house, I'll stay. I can do most of my work at the house anyways and even take personal leave." I suggest as I take a few bites of food.

"Baby, as much as I love you wanting to protect me, I might go crazy with all that hovering." She says.

"Please? Just to at least help me feel at ease?" I ask.

"Okay." She agrees.

We finish up our meal and then head inside and while I do the dishes, I hear my phone begin to go off and it happens to be right near Racine by the inn table. I notice her look at it then shout out to me who it is.

"It's your dad!" She says.

"I'll call him back later." I tell her as I finish cleaning the last dish and begin walking towards her.

"Honey?" I hear her call out.

"Yes my love?" I reply as I take a seat next to her and give her a kiss.

"Why won't you let me meet your dad? I mean I know you told me some things before but, do you think he'll ever accept me? Especially knowing I'm carrying his grandchild?" She asks.

"Honestly, I don't want him part of our lives. He's nothing but trouble Racine. He's done business with really bad people and we almost the company cause of him. I can't risk...." I stopped myself as soon as I began to realize something.

"What? What is it?" She asks.

"I can't believe I didn't connect things before. You said the men who broke in, they were looking for something." I asked.

"That's what it looked like. So?" She asks while looking at me confused.

"Do you trust me?" I ask her.

"You're scaring me." She begins to say.

"Please, tell me, do you trust me?" I repeat.

"Yes. I do." She says.

"Then I need you to do something for me." I begin to say.

"What?" She asks.

"We need to go back home. I need to show you something important that will explain everything." I tell her.

"Okay." She says while sounding a little bit unsure.

I begin telling her some things to start giving her an idea of what is going on and at first she seems to be afraid but at least now has an idea about who my father really is and why I want to keep my distance from him other than if it's related to work.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)