CHAPTER 12: Was Any Of That True?!?

WADE

This can't be happening. How could I seriously have over looked all of this? Could my father, if he really even is my dad, could he have slipped this in the pile at some point and forgot about it? Did he want me to see it? Is this something to just mess with me?

After sharing moments together of complete silence, I couldn't help but feel sick to my stomach.

"I don't understand. My birth certificate, it has my mothers name. Which was my father's wife. Oh my god none of this makes sense." I say frustrated as I stand up abruptly.

"Well, I'm sure you can ask your father if it's true or not." She suggests.

"Are you serious? Did you not hear a word I said about how cruel my father is?! IF that's even who he is?! Even if it were true, you think he'd honestly admit it?!" I snap at her, not meaning to.

She then stands up and glares at me.

"Hey, I know you're upset and you have every right to be but you better watch your tone. I'm not your enemy, so don't take it out on me." She snaps back at me.

That's when I start to feel like I was just hit in the face and realize how harsh I was sounding to her when the truth was I didn't mean to snap at her like that.

"I'm so sorry baby." I begin apologizing. "I didn't mean to talk to you like that." I began.

"It's okay just, please try and not to let this change you for the worse. I know this news, rather true or not, I know it's a huge shock and changes so much, but please, don't let it change you or us." She says with tears in her eyes looking as though they're about to fall down her face.

I walk up to her and wipe away the tears as I hold her face to look up at me.

"I love you." I tell her while looking deep into her eyes.

"I love you too." She smiles back at me while snaking her arms around my neck and over my shoulders as I wrap mine around her waist.

"Come on, let's go home." I tell her.

"Okay." She nods in agreement and we head back to the car and then start to drive back home.

We fell asleep in each others arms but after she fell asleep first, I was wide awake for a while longer because I couldn't stop thinking about what we just found out tonight.

What we read couldn't be real. I couldn't be Franklin Roma's son. There's no fucking way. I think to myself while laughing a little before falling asleep.

After waking up the next morning, I had decided to put the information we found last night to the back of my mind and focus on us.

I was getting finished in making breakfast for her and I when I see her come walking out yawning with her hair messy as she comes and sits down at the breakfast nook on the stool as she watched me finish cooking some sausage to go with the biscuits
and gravy I made.

"Mmm....that looks and smells delicious baby." She smiles.

"Good. I wanted to make one of your favorite breakfasts." I tell her as I turn off the stove and place the sausage links on mine and her plate before walking over towards her and setting it down.

I grab us a glass of milk before we start to eat.

"Mmm.....This is really good. Thank you again." She smiles at me as she leans over to give me a kiss on the lips.

"Anything for you." I smile back at her.

"So, what do you plan on doing today since it's Saturday and my salon is closed this weekend?" I ask.

"I don't know. What sounds like fun?" I ask her.

She looks up at the ceiling while tapping her chin as she starts thinking.

"Oh, how about we go looking for baby stuff?" She asks me excited.

"Okay. But don't you want to also see if Levi and Neil want to come as well? I mean, Levi IS gonna be putting together the baby shower and all." I suggest.

"True." She says. "Well, when we get done here, we'll ask them and then get ready." She says.

"Sounds good to me babe." I wink at her as I feed her some of my biscuit and gravy as she does with hers too before we give each other a kiss on the lips.

Maybe I really did overreact from last night. Especially not knowing a hundred percent if rather or not that information was even accurate or correct. Though I do know some people that could help me out in finding the truth. I'll give them a call later.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)