CHAPTER 11: Is HE Your Father?!?

RACINE

While on our way towards his office, I can't help but feel a bit nervous and a little afraid but, I don't want to tell him. I don't want him to think that I will want to leave him or anything because I won't.

Once we arrived, he took my hand after he parked in his spot closest to the elevators where we got on and headed upstairs towards his office.

When we walked inside, he walked towards his desk, took out the key on his key ring and opened up a drawer in the desk and took out a manila envelope.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Let's sit." He says in a serious tone of voice as we walk towards his little sofa he has in his office and we sit beside each other before he opens the envelope and he begins taking out a few photos but also several documents along with a couple of contracts and starts handing them to me.

"What is all of this?" I ask.

"THIS is what I'm sure those men were looking for that night they came and destroyed the house. I never thought my father would take it as far as he did by sending his men to come and do that, especially knowing you were home." He says.

"So, is he trying to scare me?" I ask terrified.

"No. He wants to try and hurt you. Remember that night I was supposed to return to the hotel back on the islands and wake up beside you? I had gone to see him that night, not because of anything business related like I thought. He was trying to force me into marrying that one girl that..." He says but I stop him.

"Yeah. I remember her." I interrupt him.

"Yeah well, he was trying to threaten me if I were to refuse once again to marry her. I turned him down of course without any hesitation because I just KNEW you were the one. But he needed money real bad." He starts explaining.

"Wait, I'm confused, aren't you guys making a lot at your company?" I asked.

"Honestly we're trying to stay afloat and have been able to for some time now. Then after I found information in where my dad was REALLY making his money at, that's when I struggled to get loans from banks and such to hide the truth." He confesses.

I had no idea he was struggling. I feel terrible for him to have to try and cover for his father's mistakes.

"I'm so sorry baby." I start telling him while briefly skimming over the contracts and documents he handed me.

"It's not your fault. I'm just sorry you have to be a part of this too." He says with watery eyes as he starts fighting back tears.

Then right as I take a closer look at some one of the documents, I notice information about a money transaction between Wade's dad and this other guy who I know is the mafia boss because I've seen his name on the internet. This is a weird deal though.

"What's this?" I ask him as I set the other papers down and point out the content I'm reading.

"What's what?" He asks before taking the paper and starts reading it briefly before he has a huge surprised look on his face.

"Do you have a brother?" I ask confused as to what that meant.

       I Franklin Roma, hereby give Mr.
Rothington, full rights to becoming the guardian to my son, Wade Roma. I will not take part in his life nor will I interfere with it neither. If any part of this agreement is breached, then contract will be terminated and Mr. Rothington will have to pay back his debt.

"What the fuck?!" He says out loud under his breath. "How did I not see this before? This has to be new. How did I miss this?" He asks himself.

"Sweetie, does that mean your real father is really the mafia leader, Franklin Roma?" I ask feeling a bit terrified.

"I think so." He says.

We both sit there in silence for several moments trying to make sure that we are reading all of this information correctly.

If it is true.....this all could end badly.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)