CHAPTER 14: There Are Conditions.....

WADE

I was in the middle of a meeting when suddenly I got a text message from Racine that while reading her text, I almost yelled. Oh god, she was in danger was my first thought.

I then interrupted my so called 'father' and excused myself.

"My apologies father and gentlemen. But there's an emergency I have to get to right now, so I'm gonna let my father finish." I say and then get up and leave while ignoring my dad calling out to me.

I quickly make my way to her salon and as soon as I walk in, I notice the receptionist standing there and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah. Where's Racine?" I ask.

"She's in the back talking to some guy. She said to send you back there." She says.

"Thanks." I then quickly walk into the back and as soon as I walk in, I close the door behind me and see her sitting behind her desk and the man she says claims to be my 'real' father, Franklin Roma, the Mafia boss.

He looks at me and right away I see the similarities. He then stands up and holds out his hand.

"Baby?" I hear Racine say as she gets up and starts walking up to me.

"You have some nerve." I tell him as I put my arm around her and pull her against me.

"I know you're upset and she already explained about the contract you found. I've come to explain a few things." He begins.

"Like what?" I ask him.

"Why don't I leave you two alone." Racine says.

"No, you stay." I tell her as I continue looking at the guy.

"Let's talk over lunch, please." He asks.

I look at him for a moment longer. Before I then heard her stomach start to growl. He's lucky she's pregnant.

He offers us to go into his car but we tell him we'll follow him to where he wants to take us. He nods and then has his driver start to take off after we came rolling out from the parking lot in the back to follow them.

When we finally arrived at the restaurant and after being seated, we ordered and then he began.

"I'm sure there are many questions you have for me." He began.

"Not really. Don't worry, this isn't your typical kid and parent reunion that others have after their parents gave them up and handed them over to some asshole." I say with a scowl.

"Well then, for my sake, let me just say that I'm sorry. I really thought at the time that he could take better care of you. He at the time was making honest money and was living at what I thought was the more honest than me. Then when I found out he owed a lot of gangs, I took over his debt and agreed to pay it as long as he took care of you. Therefore, I gave him money to start a business. I swear I didn't know what kind of a man he was." He says.

"Well it is what it is." I reply harshly.

"Yes. But now I wanna make things right. I don't expect you to trust me but from what I can tell, as of right now, you need my help. I can give you that company and more than enough 'clean' money in making sure you and your future here are comfortable." He exclaims while looking at Racine and then back at me.

"Are you trying to offer me a deal? And what about my so called dad now? What do you plan on doing with him?" I asked.

"I've already spoken to some guys I know in the FBI who know all about his fraudulent bank accounts and the embezzlement he has done for the past several years in trying to pay me back. They're willing to put him in prison." He says.

"So let me get this straight, you personally know several guys in the FBI who for whatever reason are working for you and who can help take my dad down once and for all?!" I asked.

"Yes." He replies.

"Okay, so what makes you think I should trust you, a criminal yourself who has corrupted FBI agents wanting to take my father down for good?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"To be honest, I made a deal with them as well. I promised to give them big names to all other members of gangs and others that do my kind of work. I even offered to turn myself in." He says the last part as he takes a drink from his glass and before anyone could say anything else, the waiter brought us our foods.

The look on Franklin's face was of sadness and some despair.

I shouldn't feel bad for him. I shouldn't trust him. I then feel a tight grip in my hand from Racine and right as I look at her, she smiles and mouths to me that I should give him a chance and that he seems sincere.

"Fine. But there are conditions......" I began to tell him.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)