He's Alive

Harry's POV

"What if you're walking into a trap?" Louis asked, trying to get me to stay. He didn't want me meeting up with Tessa.

"I'll be prepared if it is, but I know it isn't," I said, pulling my jacket on.

"How can you possibly know if it's a trap or not?" Louis followed me out and down the stairs.

"I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt."

He scoffed. "So, you don't know if it's a trap or not. You could be bloody well walking into a death sentence."

I turned around and placed my hands on his shoulder, his gaze softening at the touch, his body visibly relaxing as well. "I need you to calm down, okay? I will be fine, I promise. I'll come back in one piece."

"Yeah, but that one piece could be just your head." He muttered. I cocked my head and stared him down, eyebrows raised. He realised he was being extra and sighed. "Fine, go, but if you don't keep your promise, I'll kill you."

I chuckled and pecked his lips. "I promise I'll be back." I captured his lips with mine one last time before leaving.

*

I parked my car and got out. I could see Tessa inside. She appeared to be the only there, besides the workers. I scanned the area, there weren't any other cars or vans. My gaze flickered to the rooftops; no snipers. My hand went to my gun, reassuring myself it was there.

I looked back at Tessa. She hadn't seen me, yet. Her back was straight, her hands folded on the table. One would think she was all right, but I knew her. Her right leg kept bouncing, shaking the table a bit. She was scared.

I started walking towards the door, and she finally saw me. She followed my movements as I opened the door and walked towards her, sitting across from her.

Tessa gave a slight nod, greeting me. "Harry."

I held back a flinch, but my jaw involuntarily clenched. "Tessa."

We kept staring at each other, waiting for the other to speak. I studied Tessa, now up close. Her posture stayed the same, but her head was held higher. Her gaze was wavering, wanting to inspect the roads again. She was scared but was trying to hide it.

"Why are you scared?" I asked, finally breaking the silence.

A smile slowly formed on her face. "I used to love seeing you depict a person's life from a single glance. Now, I can't hide anything from you."

I scoffed a chuckle. "You couldn't hide anything from me when you were younger, either."

Tessa's smile was sad. Her gaze flickered to the left; she was remembering something. Whatever it was, it wasn't pleasant because a shiver ran through her back, which brought her back to reality.

She turned back to me, her gaze vulnerable and scared. "I need your help."

I nodded slowly. "You've expressed that. What I don't understand is why you've come to me?"

Her eyes flickered down, sadness coating her features. "I had no one to turn to. You're the only person I knew wouldn't lie to me."

I glanced down, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry I drove you and Alex apart." I didn't feel sorry for Alex, no, I felt sorry for Tessa.

She shook her head. "Don't. You made me realise who he really is." She paused and wetted her lips. "I want to help you take him down."

I was shocked, not believing her fully. "How do I know you're telling the truth?"