I Didn't Know If It Was Too Cheesy

Harry's POV

"After all of this, you won't have to, illegally, hack anymore." Louis' voice got softer as he continued. "You can go to uni and study to be someone who deals with computers, legally, of course."

I could hear the excitement in his voice, and I couldn't help but have hope, too. I could be with Louis without fearing to lose him. No crazy boyfriends or vengeful fathers; just Louis and me.

I tilted my head back, causing Louis to stop his hands. I studied his face, admiring his soft but sharp features. I smiled, fighting back those three words bubbling in my throat.

"Thank you."

Louis bent down and planted his lips on mine. He moved his lips slowly, a sort of spider-man kiss. Louis pulled away, his lips still hovering over mine. I couldn't help the feeling of love swell inside me, and it probably showed in my eyes. I followed his eyes as he thought about something. Quickly, his eyes starting to widen, and his grip on my shoulders tightened a little.

With a thought in my head, I pushed my head up and captured his lips.

"I will finish this up, and then we will go out," I whispered, my breath most likely tickling Louis' cheek.

Louis' eyebrows furrowed, curiosity in his expression. "Where to?"

I shrugged, although it felt weird to do so in the angle I was in at the moment. "I don't know yet, but I'll tell you when we can leave."

"Do I need to change?"

I shook my head. "No, you look perfect." I could feel the heat slowly rising to my cheeks, but Louis' cheeks were probably redder. Louis leaned down for the third time and pecked my lips before leaving me to do my work alone.

I was typing faster than before, anxious to finish this up. I didn't know where the confidence came from, but I wanted to tell Louis I loved him. Maybe it was because of what he said or maybe because soon we're going to fight against Alex and my father and there's a chance we might die. Either way, I was going to tell him.

I already had an entrance into their webcams from the last time I sent them that nasty virus via email. All I would have to is redirect the link to their webcams, and once I get the list of their webcams, I could adjust the settings and set up a live stream. It took a while since they have a lot of cameras, but that just meant more angles and footage of everything.

I banged my fist on the table when I got in. I split the camera feed into thirds, like a tic-tac-toe grid. They did have more webcams than I anticipated, so I used my second and third desktop. The quality was pretty neat, but since they were in an abandoned factory, the lighting wasn't the greatest, but I could still make out everything. I could see the multiple tables with drug-manufacturing equipment, the lab coat racks, the bottles where they store the finished product until they move them to another room. They have several people that Alex picks to take the pellets out and bag them. Those people sort the pills by category: stimulants, depressants, hallucinogens, dissociatives, opioids, inhalants, and cannabis. Then another group of people hand-picked by Alex sub organise the drugs by how much they are worth and which ones are a best seller.

I sometimes forget that I used to be part of their organisation. I don't like thinking about that, so I pushed that thought out of my head. I pushed the keyboard away from me and got up. I stretched, causing my muscles to pop into place. I glanced at the camera feeds one more time before leaving the shed. I walked past the kitchen and sitting room and headed upstairs. I overheard soft music coming from Amar's room. I smiled. I liked it when she practised the guitar at home. I faced my bedroom door and pushed it open.