You're Expecting A Lot Of Fights?

Harry's POV

The last three days have been hectic. The boys and Amar would come over right after school and fill Louis and me in on what's going on at school. Amy, who had spread rumours about Niall, got knocked up by some college bloke and was dropping out of school. Johnavon had started being nice (now that his brother wasn't around). He went around apologising to the kids he and his brother had bullied. No one had believed him until yesterday when he protected Josh from getting pummeled by the football team during lunch. 

The same two detectives came around as well. They asked standard procedure questions until my doctor told them I needed more rest and that they could interrogate me all they wanted after I healed. It wasn't all bad, though. Louis and I had some good times. We cuddled on the same bed, watching some random documentary on the telly. The boys and Amar and Charlie would bring us soft blankets to sleep with instead of the scratchy hospital ones. They would also bring us real food to eat instead of nasty hospital food. 

Louis and I were laying on my bed while the boys told us about Louis' younger sisters. 

"Daisy and Phoebe made these cute family drawings, and I'm guessing they wanted a puppy for Christmas." 

"We should start planning the-" 

Niall was cut off by a knock on the door. 

"Come in," I called out, and the door opened. 

The doctor stepped in with a small smile on her face. "Sorry for interrupting. I'm just here to check on the wounds." 

Louis got up, carefully and moved to his bed. I sat up slightly, so my back could lean back on the pillows Amar had brought me. You would think hospitals would invest a little more on having comfortable bedding for their patients, but no. 

The doctor moved to Louis first, pulling on some gloves and asked Louis to lay on his side the best he could. The doctor pulled up Louis' robe but stood directly in front to cover Louis' bum. 

"You seem to be healing quickly for a wound like yours. You're lucky no swelling has occurred, yet, which I'm sure won't happen either." The doctor lowered Louis robe and turned to me. 

"Now let's check your stomach first." The doctor pulled up the blankets so it would cover my lower region when she pulled my robe up. She took a glance at all the scars before prodding around the entry wound. "No swelling, either, that's good. Okay, now let's check the back." 

The boys moved out of the way to let the doctor inspect my back. She helped me ease onto my side. The raspy fabric tickled my back as she raised it and held it by my neck. She touched around, letting out a soft gasp as her glove covered fingers traced my burn on my lower back. She regained her composer and lightly poked around my wound. The light touch sent a flare of pain through my back, but I held back a hiss as she continued to check for any damage. 

"Alright, well your contracture scar on your lower back should be a concern, but I don't see any inflammation or discolouring, so you'll be fine." She slipped off her gloves and threw them into the bin. "You guys are healing fast; I'm thinking maybe two more nights in here, and you'll be okay to leave." 

My face scrunched up in pain as I returned to lay on my back. "Uh, hey, doc, could I get some pain reducers." 

The doctor frowned and pocketed her hands in her coat. "You're feeling pain?" 

"Only when you touched it. It's most likely from my old bullet wound scars. I'm pretty sure I have one near there." 

The doctor looked uncomfortable with my easiness of mentioning my old scars, but offered me a tight smile and nodded. "I'll bring up a nurse to help with the pain. It's normal for injuries as severe as yours. There no need to worry."