My Hero

Harry's POV

I brought my glass up to the air and tapped my spoon lightly against the glass. "Can I get everybody's attention?"

Amar and Niall were strumming the guitar, practising and filling the house with a beautiful melody. Louis and his sisters were enjoying the pastries I had made, and the parents were at the dining table, conversing among themselves. Zayn and Liam were on the love seat, enjoying Niall's and Amar's small performance.

I set my glass down. "I just wanted to once again, thank Charlie and Jay for organising this little party. It's nice to have all of you together." I faced the parents, specifically, Zayn's and Liam's parents, since I had just met them a few days earlier. "I also want to thank you guys for not forbidding your kids from seeing me once you found out they almost died for me."

The parents looked amongst each other, worry on their faces. "They risked their lives willingly; them, all them, I did not ask them to do so."

"Uh, Harry, you might want to speed it up," Louis mumbled, giving me a pointed look.

I nodded. "Yes, I know we all want to open up our gifts. One last thing, though. I want to thank the boys for being there for me, even when it meant putting their life on the line." I pointed at the guys. "Again; all them." I cleared my throat. "And I want to say thank you for letting your kids come with me to Italy this summer, especially after they almost died."

Louis got up and clapped his hands. "All right! I think it's time for presents!"

"Yay! Presents!" The twins exclaimed loudly.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine! Bring out the presents."

Louis wrapped an arm around my waist, and I rested my head on top of his.

"Did I go too far with the speech?" I asked.

"Just a tad, love, but it's fine." He moved his head to the side and pecked my cheek. "C'mon, let's go open presents."

*

"Why are we out here?" Zayn's mum asked me as we entered the shed.

I turned on the lights and stepped away from the group. "Well, my gifts were a tad bit too big to fit in the living room." I walked over to the other side of the table and got out the small things.

"All right, Amar first," I spoke and handed the square-shaped box to her.

I watched as Amar took the lid off the box and looked inside. A small gasp left her mouth, and her hands carefully took the item out of the box.

"A new camera?" Amar whispered, staring at it in awe.

I proudly nodded. "Newest model."

Amar set the camera back in the box and came over to hug me. "Thank you!"

"Okay, you said thanks, where's my present?" Niall asked, which made me and Amar separate.

"The ever so charming Niall," Amar said, rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and grabbed the tallest box and gingerly placed it on the table. "Be gentle."

He dragged the box closer to him and rubbed his hands with a childish grin on his face. He grabbed both sides of the top and removed it. Once he saw what was inside, he dropped the cover on the floor.

"Is this the Squier bullet Stratocaster Triple S? The one I've been ogling for months?" He asked, his eyes never leaving the guitar in the box.

I nodded, then pointed at the guitar. "It was hard to get that, Nialler. There are so many people wanting that guitar, but I called in a favour."