Chapter 15

We were dancing silently together with the slow and beautiful instrumental music created by the violin. My heart was hammering my ribcage as though it will be going to ravage it. Ariellè was so beautiful especially when you were close together. She was too beautiful to be true, actually. Her face was impeccable in any angle.

Nakatitig lang ako sa kaniya habang nagsasayaw kami. I didn't know what will I do next. There was an increasing amount of anxiousness within me as I stared at her face. There was a steamy argumentation between the part of myself filled with cowardice and the one that filled with valor.

The frigid blow of the wind cradled through my face. I bit my lower lip while staring at her. If I utter the words to her right now, would she like it? Or would she run away from me? The latter made my heart clench painfully.

"You're silent," I said, trying to break the glass of silence between us.

She smiled, "I am just overwhelmed."

"Did you like it, Ariellè?"

"O-of course," she whispered, "and I think it's too much."

"Not really. I think you deserve more that this." I uttered bravely.

Umiwas siya ng tingin, "What is the meaning of this? Para saan ang mga ito, Alexis?"

Our movement became slow as I stared at her. Ang lakas ng kabog ng puso ko habang nakatingin sa babaeng nasa harap ko. I felt like all the cells in me wanted to jumped out of my body as I felt the electricity convulsed throughout me. She averted her gaze—seemed like she was trying to elude the mysteries that lie within her.

"I like you, Ariellè," I whispered as I inclined a bit to her ear.

The wind blew frigidly. Napatingin siya sa akin at kitang kita ko ang panlalaki ng kaniyang mga mata. I knew you'd got this idea a long time ago now, don't act as if you were so shocked, baby. As the violins sang in the middle of silence between us, I felt the shivering fear bolting within me. Mas lumakas lalo ang kabog ng aking puso.

She wasn't smiling. Her face was stoic and almost blank. I wanted to enter her world but she didn't allow me to. Kahit pa sabihin nating magkaibigan kami ay wala pa rin talaga akong sapat na kaalaman tungkol sa kaniya. Binitawan niya ako at bahagyang lumayo. I clicked my tongue as I watched her drift from my hold.

"Don't say that, Alexis." She whispered.

"Why would I? Iyon ang totoong nararamdaman ko—"

"I said don't say those words!" she hissed. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped—shocked because of the intensity of her voice that she was like to spit fire, "Hindi mo alam ang sinasabi mo, Alexis! This beauty? You are just enticed by my appearance! You really do—"

My brows knitted upon hearing her words. I felt a little stab of pain on my chest after she uttered those words. I didn't know where was she coming from—or maybe what Parker told had become a way to poison her mind about me.

She looked so calm while she was looking at me. The stare she was casting made me realize how tough the wall she built between us. Despite the adamant shove I would be inserting, it will never be enough to break it. Her caddy of emotions was locked and she doesn't allow anyone to unlock it, even me.

"How sure you are that I am after the beauty?" I hissed, can't restrain the anger on my voice, "How can you question—"

"Because that's true! I can read men, and I could tell you are all the same. The moment you saw me, I knew it. At sinabi ko na sa'yong hindi mo ako pwedeng magustuhan!"

"Do you think I am not serious with this?" I asked solemnly.

"Alexis, hindi gano'n. I just want you to sort this out."