Chapter 16

The herons on the sky was flying with definite tranquility whilst I was sitting on the bench at the rooftop. It was almost an hour since Ariellè's exit from this hospital and yet I was still thinking if she'll make her promise—to visit me no matter what. I knew that I should not be expecting too much because it might give me a heartache but I couldn't help myself from waiting. Sighing, I closed my eyes tightly and slowly felt the ripping of my chest by a sharp dagger causing me to bleed.

With those days I spent with Ariellè, I didn't remember any scenario that I became lonely or bored. I was always thrilled and excited for her visits but right now, something had changed. She may be uttered a word that could pacify my caterwauling inside but it wasn't enough. In my trance, I was thinking of a best plan to piss off my father so that he would pull me out of this hospital. I mean, I can already do things. Yeah, my brain wasn't in normal state but I can manage. But I knew that my Mother would not agree with it.

However, even if I would successfully get myself out of this hospital, I still didn't know where was the house of Ariellè. How would I visit her if even her address she didn't tell me? I just knew some information about her—her parents, her school, her course, and her age but never did she mention about her address or anything that could make me visit her. Well, maybe she didn't tell me because I didn't ask about it?

Would she be able to visit me? What if she won't? After what I did—after I changed the atmosphere around us, I don't think she'll be willing to pay a visit just for me. I knew that being here would be a great disadvantage on my part. What if while I was here, Parker would make his own ways to get Ariellè back? That was possible especially that asshole was adamant to win Ariellè back. And I couldn't help but to think something that can fuse my chest with my heart.

"Alexis," someone called behind me.

I craned my neck to see who was it and I saw my Mother striding to my part. Her laboratory gown was dancing with the wind together with her hair.

"What are you doing here, Mom?"

"I am looking for you. Your father wants to talk to you." She informed.

I averted my gaze from her.

"What does he want to say? That I am an ass? That I am just putting a mess in every corner of this fucking hospital?"

"Alexis, no. Maybe your father is just exhausted from his flight. Just understand him, honey." My mother uttered and stood in front of me.

I shook my head, "Exhausted or not, he's still like that. He really thinks that I am the worst amongst all of us when in fact he's the worst."

"Alexis!" she raised her voice, maybe she didn't like the fact that escaped from my mouth. I didn't regret I uttered those words anyway, "He's your father. Don't talk ill about him."

"Talk ill? Really?" I shook my head, "Yes, maybe he's the best doctor—can cure illnesses and can invent medicines for rare diseases but when it comes on handling his family, he's the worst!"

"He's still your father. Don't talk like that—"

Hindi ko na pinatapos si Mommy na magsalita at tumayo na ako. I won't talk to my father, I will just go to my room and be asleep whole day. However, I knew that my father won't let this day end without talking with me. I didn't know what was that talk all about. If he didn't want to hear a word from me, why would he want to talk to me? I knew that our conversation won't end in just a nod and smile, I would, probably, throw a fit or something. Since I got the awareness, I couldn't recall any conversation of me and my father that ended in a civilized way. I just knew that it all ended with a painful shouts and unbearable insults. Though, I was already used to those scenarios.