Chapter 29

The silver speckle that glinting through the light casts by moon was giving a perfect ambiance on our first night. The warmth of our body interconnected with an extreme emotion that I couldn't explain. The cold wind around the periphery was not felt as my hand wrapped around her body. It was eleven in the evening and the gleaming starts in the vast mystifying sky were like a magical dust spewed by a fairy as an ornament to the deceivingly aesthetic but mystifying darkness. There was no sound to be heard but our hearts beating with the same rhythm. Closing my eyes, I languidly kissed her neck. Ariellè heaved a sigh as she caressed my forearm on her stomach.

"I'm sorry. I'm kind of aggressive on our second," I whispered while kissing her cheek.

"It's okay," she smiled at me and leaned closer to give a kiss on my forehead, "I have never felt this feeling to anyone. This feeling is so extreme. Feels dangerous yet worth the risk,"

I held her tightly and kissed her cheek once again, "I have never loved anyone the way I love you. You gave the right amount of happiness in my life— like a light giving a direction where I should be. You are my memory I wanted to keep with me forever,"

The smile on her face did not fade. The moon casted a right amount of light as it illuminated the mesmerizing beauty of Ariellè. She looked so delicate and fragile in my arms. I knew that it was not yet the time to make love to her, she was only 17 years only, she was not yet of age but I couldn't help myself. And I was damned to be driven my strong and uncontrollable feelings for her. My fingers slowly traced her jaw down to her neck and down to her collarbone. I leaned closer to her and gave a feathery kissed her neck.

"You are cold," I whispered against her skin.

"Your body is giving me an enough warmth not to feel cold," she whispered sleepily as she combed my hair with slow rhythm and soft touch.

My gaze drifted to her, "I love you so much,"

Her eyes glinted. The smile flashed on her face was a mix of euphoria and melancholy. It was undetermined as she tried hardly to feign okay.

"I love you, too, Alexis…"

After an hour of cuddling on the hood of my car, we decided to go home. After I drove her home, the smile on my face cannot be washed off by any negative energy emitting through the tight traffic in EDSA. My phone on the dashboard of my car gleamed and a message appeared. It was from my Mother. Since I was in the middle of this excruciating traffic, I took my phone and opened the message from my Mother.

From: Mom

Alexis, where are you? It's late! We are worried. Kung hindi ko pa tinawagan ang mga magulang ni Ariellè, hindi ko pa malalaman na malilate kayo ng uwi! You are not even answering my phone calls.

Heaving an exhausted sigh, I typed a message to my Mother. I assured her that I was on the road going back to the hospital. When the cars in front started moving, I put back the phone on the dashboard and coincided with the slow pace of the cars in front of me. It was 1 a.m. when I reached the premises of the hospital. To my surprise, I saw my mother walking back and fort, the angst radiating through her face was very palpable. When she spotted my car, she shook her head and walked to welcome me.

"I was so worried, Alexis!" she exclaimed when I hopped out of the car.

"Mom, I said I can do it. See?"

"Where have you been? Why are you so late?" she examined my face as though getting out of the premises of this building for a long time would cause a severe damage in me.

"I went out with Ariellè, mom." I smiled and held her shoulder, "Look, I am okay alright? Do you think I am irresponsible enough to take on a date the woman I love when I knew our lives are both at risk?"