Chapter 25

While I was inside the house, I couldn't stop myself but to peer outside the window—trying to sight them who were talking seriously in the garden. They seemed to argue about something, however, the face of Parker radiated patience and devastation. Biting my lower lip, I spun around and wandered inside the living area. Despite the urge that was pulling me to get out of the house and intrude to their conversation, I stifled myself to do so. Ariellè requested me to go to their house which meant she needed a private conversation with Parker so I needed to respect it. She was my girlfriend now, I should not be worried.

Heaving a sigh, I strolled around the house, looking every picture that displayed on the living area. My eyes immediately darted to Ariellè's picture. She was still young in here, she was holding a pink teddy bear her smile was glinted with pure happiness and perpetual love. I fished my phone inside my pocket to capture it. I smiled boyishly as I placed it as my wallpaper. After that, I transferred my eyes to the next picture. It was a picture of her and her Mother. Her mother looked exactly like her. A jet black hair, paper white skin, and expressive and deep set of eyes. All of her photos were emitting felicity and hope. My thought sent a twinge on my chest.

"Ang ganda ni Lei, ano?" someone spoke beside me. I was startled a bit but I supposed she didn't notice it. I spun around and saw that it was their maid.

"More than beautiful," she has an exquisite and timeless beauty.

The woman was in her fifties; her hair was twisted in a bun with some silver wisps. She smiled and took the photo of Ariellè—the one I took a picture of.

"Ito 'yung araw na nalaman nilang may sakit siya sa puso." She reminisced, "pagkauwi nila galing sa picnic, biglang sumikip ang kaniyang dibdib at nahirapang huminga."

I fell silent; I didn't want to talk, I wanted to know everything about Ariellè.

"Doon nila nalaman na may sakit siya sa puso. Hindi iyon maipagkakaila kasi ang kaniyang lola ay namatay dahil sa naturang sakit," she shook her head and placed the picture frame back to its previews place, "Mabuting bata si Ariellè. Bata palang alam na niya ang gusto niya at may mga plano na siya sa buhay."

She laid her plans when she was a kid. I knew that she was a goal-oriented and I loved that about her. She knew where she was going—exactly opposite of me. My heart clenched painfully and my mouth fell muted. The silence that engulfed my whole system signaled the woman to continue her narration.

"Hindi rin iyang sumuko. Palagi niyang sinasabi sa kaniyang mga magulang na kaya niya; na malalagpasan niya ito dahil malakas siya. Naniniwala kaming kaya niya. May tiwala kami sa kaniya na hindi niya hahayaang matalo ng sakit niya." She uttered weakly. She looked at me and smiled, "Alagaan mong mabuti ang alaga ko. Huwag na huwag mo siyang sasakyan kundi ako ang makakalaban mo."

Nodding my head, I couldn't smile. Tumango rin ang matanda at umalis na sa harap ko. I was left in the living area with unuttered pain in my chest. Nawala lang ako sa aking iniisip ng marinig ko ang boses ni Ariellè.

"Hey, are you okay?"

I tried to smile before turning to her. I knew that I looked perturbed but I manage to feign happy.

"Just saw this," I pointed the her picture, "You're cute,"

She rolled her eyes and lunged to my part, "Why do you always speak like that? Your words always flatter me."

Tinaas ko ang aking kilay, "I am just telling the truth,"

"Well, I supposed you just want to get me by your words,"

I smirked and pulled her through her waist, "Sort of,"

She shook her head and pinched my forearm, "You're so good with this. Playboy."