Chapter 27

The blaring sound of the games struck against my ear as the laughter and talks clamored in a very intricate and earsplitting manner. The different lights coming from the video games and other machine fluctuated as the movements of the gamers and other customers moved from one place to another. I realized the apparent difference between the time I got girls in here to hang out and right now with Ariellè. The vast void of panorama has been developed within my chest as I felt the extreme sense of protectiveness over her. My attention span had been minimized as my whole attention was dropped to Ariellè who was attentively and obviously amused of the things she was seeing. There was a question rose atop my head as I stared at her blankly. She was enjoying every tic of the clock; she was enjoying this large room of alarums and excursions.

Biting my lips, I squeezed her hand and her eyes languidly drifted to me. She only flashed her amused grin before she turned her head back to the machine where a guy was trying to get a stuff toy while his girlfriend was busy cheering for him. This is her first time, I mentally uttered. There was no doubt of that as her eyes twinkled in obvious amusement and excitement. My heart suddenly wrapped with extreme sadness and awe. I couldn't imagine her life with control and guard for herself. The excitement of life had been kept away from her because of her condition. I wanted to keep her happy but there was something that was holding me back. She deserved happiness but she deserved this life. She deserved to life long because she was precious. If I could trade my life just so she could live longer, I will. Ariellè deserved to live more than I do.

My heart clenched painfully as I realized something. I shook my head and pulled her closer to me. She startled a bit but immediately regained herself. Her eyes were delicate as they fixed on me. Ariellè was so beautiful. Her beauty was mesmerizing and hypnotic. As my eyes locked on hers, the stentorian thuds of my heart were audible and it felt like they surpassed the beats and painful tune from the machines in this room. I had never felt this feeling and I wanted to do anything just to protect her. Now, I realized that there were people who destined to love once and if that failed, they will not love again.

It was too early to say that right now but the emotions and feelings that lodged on my chest were beyond words. My mom talked to me last night. She told me that Ariellè's condition was in the verge. She had no other choice but to undergo heart transplant. The sooner the better but it wasn't guaranteed that she'll overpass it. There was a possibility that we'll lose her during the process and that made an invisible dagger cut through my chest. I couldn't imagine myself without her;  I felt my heart was gone without her. I was just thinking of losing her and the void of melancholy had percolated within me.

"What?" she asked, probably noticed my stare.

"Don't get too far." I whispered hoarsely.

She giggled and playfully slapped me with her palm, "Okay, sir."

"What do you want to try?"

"I want to play basketball?" she wiggled her eyebrows but I slowly shook my head and pulled her toward the Claw Machine.

Smile was plastered on my lips while she was pouting cutely beside me. I winked at her and pointed the Spongebob stuffed toy. Her eyes glinted without uttering a word.

"Wait for me here. I'll just buy us some tokens." I talked loudly just for her to hear because of the drowning sounds of other machines.

She nodded and smiled, "Okay!"

I crouched and kissed her forehead before starting to the cashier. I could see some guys who were surreptitiously glimpsing at Ariellè despite the fact that they were with their girlfriend. However, Ariellè seemed to be oblivious about the guys who were snatching a glance on her. A smile crept on my lips. It was hard to get her attention. Her head turn was precious and I was thankful that I was importunate so she paid her attention to me. I immediately bought ₱500 worth tokens and trotted back to where Ariellè was. But to my surprise and a sudden volume of annoyance heightened in me, a guy was animatedly talking to my woman. I clenched my jaw when I saw that Ariellè was a bit distant and uncomfortable talking to that asshole.