Chapter 17

After I talked to Tito Achilles, I immediately opened my laptop to have a talk again with Ariellè. Though, she wasn't online, I just spent the time on her profile and read some posts of her. I didn't know what had gotten me into why I couldn't find it boring especially that I had seen and read all her posts already. Or maybe, I was so amazed of how her posts pulled the string of my interest. Every message of her posts implied something, it conveyed you to hope and to wait for miracles. She was so pure and genuine of what she was doing and her viewpoint about life was laudable.

Her photos doing community service—teaching and feeding the out of school youths were making the fluid of admiration to spread within me. She really liked what she was doing. The genuine euphoria that radiated on her face was so palpable and I couldn't help but to fall for her. I checked again our chat box and saw that she wasn't yet online. I pursed my lips and stared at her name on the screen. She was called A by her friends, she was called Lei by Parker. Was I the only one who calls her by her real name?

A sudden knock on my door made me almost jump. I toted the laptop and put it on my side. The head of George peeked through the slight opened door and showed his usual grin on me. I shook my head and beckoned them to come in. George, Andrei, and Jake came in. Andrei was carrying a tote bag with groceries and George tossed a small box and I automatically caught it with my left hand.

"What's this?" I asked and looked at the box, "Condom?"

George laughed, "Yeah, we heard your hitting on a girl. Still need protection, asshole."

"Ariellè isn't like the other girls I bedded," I forced to be calm and tossed the box of condom back to him.

"Ariellè, huh? That's a pretty name. Can we meet her?"

I clicked my tongue and wrinkled my forehead, "Why do I feel something on your sentence, George?"

He burst of laughter, "Kidding, dude. Tita told me that you are serious with this girl."

"Yeah. But she doesn't like me. She only wants us to be friends." I uttered as I remembered the exact words Ariellè had uttered.

"Whoa, that's new. Who would turn down Alexis Del Castro?" Andrei said and placed the tote bag on the table after which he lunged to the sofa and slumped onto it.

"Of course there are still some who would not like him." Jake whispered coldly, "Not all women are willing to kiss his footsteps."

Jake was the contradiction of George. He was, most of the time, serious with his thick glasses and a messy hair, he looked like he didn't belong to the bad boys' group. Well, he was the only one who was tamed and more mature in handling any situation. He was also the one who cleaned all the mess we were creating that would ignite the fire of scorching pitfall. In short, he was the conciliator of the group—and most of the time, the one who gave the offensive remarks with total honesty. On their middle was Andrei who was the right mixture of the two. I shook my head and shoot Jake a serious look.

"So, what did Tito say?" Andrei asked while looking outside through the glass wall.

I shrugged, "He doesn't approve. He thinks I am just playing around."

"And you're not?"

I glared at George, "Of course, I am not. Ariellè seems so different from the girls I dated believe me. I like her… so much actually."

Their eyes winded and their jaw dropped at my sudden confession. I had been infatuated with other girls but it only lasted a day or two. I was never the type of man who'll stick to one girl because I want to taste different flavor. That was a douche-bag act but that was what I wanted before. When Ariellè came to my life; the moment she peeked on my life and tried to enter the darkness I was keeping inside me and trying to give her precious light for me to see the path I was taking in, all my perspective about life had turned upside down.