Chapter 7: Acceptance.

Diana and Josh were now in their bedroom. Josh had just closed & locked the door and Diana had just sat on their bed. He followed behind her and they both sat Indian style. Diana scooted closer to him so that their legs were only inches apart, it just felt right at the moment. Then she put a hand on his leg in a comforting way.

Josh: How do I start this? I don't know where to begin. I...

She could tell by the tone of his voice that he was scared. He was scared to tell her everything. She couldn't blame him. After all the things he's been through, it would be shocking if he even showed emotion.

Diana: It's okay, Josh. Just go at your own pace.

Josh: Okay...

He made a heavy sigh before looking her in the eyes. Silence was thick in the air for what felt like forever.

Josh: It all started when I was seven years old.

Diana: Seven? I can't imagine doing all this at that age.

Josh: Three members of The Descended ambushed me and my parents. They tried to save me but they couldn't because they had a dagger to my neck.

Diana: Humans are dishonorable.

Josh: I agree with that. They shot at my father but my mom used her ability to control water to shield him. Unfortunately...that left her exposed. They shot her and she slowly died in front of us.

Diana: How dare they do that to you.

Josh: That's not even the worst part. The worst part is...they killed my father too when he tried to save me and avenge my mother. But, he did manage to kill the ring leader of them. Soon after, he died and that left me with the two masked men.

Diana: What did they do to you?

Josh: Nothing.

Diana: What?

Josh: I killed them.

Diana: At seven years old?!

Josh: I killed a lot when I was seven but I never really wanted to. I just wanted to make them suffer. I never meant to kill those two men in the alleyway. It was the second time I activated my powers and I killed two men, blew up an alleyway, and destroyed the two front walls of buildings.

Diana: The two front walls?

Josh: I have telekinesis with one of my dark sides. It was powerful enough to rip the brick walls off the front of two buildings and lock together to prevent the men from escaping.

Diana: Oh okay.

Josh: Then I cried over my parents bodies for a while before I lost control of my powers. Red lines began to cover the area and soon after, the whole area was obliterated. Not even ash was left. Scarlet—my companion—saved my life and brought me to a different building nearby but far enough out of the blast radius.

Diana: Okay.

Josh: We talked for a while and I quickly became attached to her. She was the only thing I had left.

Diana: What happened to her?

His expression suddenly grew dark at the question.

Josh: She betrayed me, they all did.

Diana: Who's "they"? And what did you do to her?

Josh: I gave her a fate worse than death.

He extended his arm to the right and suddenly a human-sized magic black circle appeared on the floor. Seconds later, Scarlet rose from the ground with a slight difference in her appearance. Black lines covered her body and her eyes were completely void of everybody color but black. She had a menacing shark-tooth smirk that made it clear she was evil. Her body was clothed with a cape, tight long sleeve shirt, pants, combat boots, and two gauntlets that shot out red daggers made of lixen.