Chapter 18: A Party no-one will Forget.

(A/N: Hey everybody who reads this story. I'm gonna start making the chapters a little longer because I have ideas that I want to do for chapters and I've noticed that at the length these chapters are, I'm not gonna be able to do some of them. So the chapters are gonna be a little longer for now on. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter and more.)

Right now, Kallie was heading toward the ballroom with Josh & Diana by her. Josh leading them with Diana on his right and her on his left. Kallie couldn't help but feel nervous. Other than his and her own birthday parties, this was the first real fancy party she had ever been to. Like always, Josh could sense she was nervous due to her rapid heartbeat.

Josh: What's wrong, Kallie?

Kallie: Oh, ummm, it's just that this is my first fancy party so...

Josh: It's my first time too.

Kallie: Then why aren't you nervous?! You'll be meeting all new people here! And depending on tonight, this could make or break your conquest! How are you not nervous?!

Josh: Easy.

Not stopping, he glanced behind him to look at her before giving a light smile.

Josh: Just don't think about the consequences.

Kallie: How do you mean?

Josh: Just do, don't think. That's how I became what I am today. When I go into battle for example: I don't think that if I fail, I die. No, instead, I think about what I have to fight for and ignore the consequences of messing up. It's what made me who I am today. Instead, I use the consequences of my actions to my advantage to make me angrier in the heat of battle. Emotions are both my strength and my weakness so I try my best to keep them in check. I may have many regrets for helping our "friends" before, but I don't have a single regret for saving and protecting you, my wife, and this kingdom.

Kallie: But how can you not think about it?

Josh: Like I said, I focus on what I'm fighting for and what will happen when I succeed. "When," not "if." I'm not being cocky saying nothing can defeat me. I know I can be beaten, just like any other living thing. However, an "if" will only make you worry more. So I use "when" instead so I don't focus on worrying.

He then looked back in front of him as they were nearing the large double door that undoubtedly led into the party.

Kallie: But if this succeeds...I'll lose you forever. How can I not worry about that?

Josh: You both ready?

Diana: Of course, love.

Diana gave a smile even though Josh couldn't see it. Kallie on the other hand had to force one on. Stepping into the party was probably the most painful thing she had ever done. She knew today would be a day that everyone would remember, especially her. Nevertheless, she kept a fake smile as fancy people from the party quickly surrounded them in an attempt to butter them up.

So they began to introduce themselves.

~Josh's P.O.V.~

Man #1: Hello, demon king. My name is Charles the Second. What is your name?

Josh: I prefer to just go by demon king, if you don't mind. Only my wife and sister are allowed to call me by my real name.

Charles: Well that's understandable. I won't bore you with the overly long speech about how great I am or anything because we both know you'd rather be doing anything else from what I hear. So I'll just tell you that I'm the governor and representer of all of Asia and that I'm here to possibly make a deal with you. We don't have to talk right now because I understand that many others here would like a chance to speak with you as well, but find me later, okay?